If you are thinking of cruising MSC....GO AHEAD do not be put off by negative reviews

czechmate

Some people who have posted here recently are very mean spirited and coarse. See BigMike's post #25 below apparently concerning NuHomes. Whatever is Big about Mike , it certainly isn't his refinement quotient. "Yo Rotterdam"´s admiration notwithstanding, the editor ought to intervene and spare us from this garbage.

The irony of it all is that what prompted these guys´ derision of Nuhomes as a chronic complainer appears to have been his 7th post. BigMike appears to have 241 posts and Rotterdam has 423.

BigMike, contrary to your statement that we really can´t tell about the makeup of the people who post here, your recent post tells a lot about what kind of person you are. Mean spirited and coarse.

I heard an interesting fact the other day 70% US citizens do not have a passport and of those 85 % had not even left their state!!!!

I do not wish to be contraversial, as this was on a news programme discussing the US subdued reaction to the live 8 concert and summit of world leaders with respect to world poverty. Many of the people on this site are well travelled and embrace cultural differences but sadly there are still others who view the world from their own cultural familarity. Hopefully fellow cruisers enjoy a bit of European difference.

it is ironic though that I come from a country that won't even accept the Euro as its currency though!!!!!!

There is so much to see in the United States. In fact many states are as large as most of European countries. So perhaps some will not feel the need to leave its shores.

I am a Brit who has lived here in the states for 25 years. When I lived home we went on vacation to places like the Isle of Man, Blackpool or Scarborough. Since jet travel has become popular it is an easy thing for Brits to fly off to Spain, Portugal or the likes because they are so close.

I can honestly say that I have never been on a cruise on any line that made me wish I was back at work in the office. I doubt that I ever will.

A bad day on a cruise beats the heck out of a good day at work!

in Lancashire, England.:D

It just looks so "Belgian" or "French". :eek:

Looks like a nice town. :)

(If we elect another idiot :mad: , perhaps I'll use my "right" to return to the UK as a grandchild of Brit citizens and live there; altho Devon and Cornwall seem mighty fine, also).

Please excuse my aside....let us continue with our MSC fairness campaign...:rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
Just got back from our cruise on Celebrity. Compared to our experience this past March on Lirica, MSC was a more enjoyable experience on every point except the kid's club. The food, service, ship, excursions, ports, times, and staff were all better on MSC.

To be fair, our kids preferred the MSC kids club because it was virtually totally unsupervised as compared to the structured activities and thorough supervision on Celebrity. My wife and I obviously disagreed with their assessment.

Hello, we're about to book our first cruise with kids (4 and 8); we like MSC Sinfonia but are a bit concerned about the lack of details on their children's club. Could you tell me more about your experience on Lirica?

Thanks!

Hi gang:

I have sailed extensively for the last 30 years and have grown tired of the homoginization (SP?) of the cruise lines that has been going on the last five years or so.

In addition, it is clear the cost cutting has cut into the quality of the experience. I last sailed on HAL for 35 days on the MAASDAM this past summer. yes, I had a great time and visited some wonderful places. Yes, the crew was great and I really enjoyed the room service. Yes, most of my fellow passengers were great to hang out with. But the cost cutting, the yard sale ambiance, the budget bands in the lounges, the three times a day PA announcements concerning bingo, art auctions and the ships shops have turned me off to HAL. So I'll be sailing on the LIRICA in a couple of weeks (2/4/06) for 11 days just to try something different/new. I'm not expecting perfection just a nice time and adventure away from the CARNIVALIZATION that has dumbed down the cruising experience. I'll be sure to report on my experience both pro and con. Anyone know how to spell HOMOGINIZATION???? Thanks for reading.

Patrick

Baltimore

Yo-

'homogenization' (an 'e' instead of an 'i')

We sailed the 'Lirica' end of March last year and liked her very much-

We sailed HAL 'Ryndam' last month - and though the experience was 'ok' - it wasn't great (food and service was very good though) and it was more of a holistic aura thing - like the notable lack of laughter and chatter in the public rooms - whereas on the 'Lirica' - it seemed like the whole ship was 'alive' all the time (and not in a Carnival 'fakey' kinda way)-

Needless to say - we really enjoyed it (see my review of the 03/31/2005 cruise in these threads for more info)-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Archived