Just off my first cruise ever...what do i complain about first...

Travelnerd44

Oh no, another new Carnival "cheerleader", Are you sure you can't find something to complain about!!? ;)

I've been on 6 cruises now, and still can't find anything to complain about. I'm sure if I keep cruising long enough-I'll find something.

Welcome to cruising:)

Edited by MDSue

That's terrific! I'm so glad to hear someone having a fantastic cruise experience on Carnival.

DH and I love it too. We are so sad on debarkation day.

We are cruising again this May, and it will be my first balcony. Typically, I am also ok with an interior, but for this port intensive (5 ports Southern out of San Juan) cruise we are doing, I wanted to be up early and go out on our balcony to experience the cruise approaching each port as they are all so scenic.

I LOVE all things CARNIVAL.

Happy future cruising to you!

Edited by abisha

okay well i have one complaint...how come it took only 6 days to get so used to the gentle rocking of the ship (the first day was ugh...thank gawd for queasy beads lol :rolleyes: ) ...

now i can't sleep.

Damm you Carnival!

:p

I took my aunt (and a few others) on a first cruise a few weeks ago. My aunt told me this weekend that it took her about two days to be able to walk without tilting! Hahaha

Glad you had a great time. We love cruising in our family. Especially me! Oldest son says I'm a cruise addict. We're looking at booking our first Carnival cruise as a family (I did a short Sensation cruise with teen daughter-- who thought it was ok but wants nothing but Disney Cruise Line-- Cunard or a private mega yacht with a handsome, young, billionaire prince wouldn't match DCL in her mind) and your post is encouraging, as I've been going back and forth.

Husband told me after our last Disney cruise-- no more cruises! It set us back like years of retirement living (Panama Canal repo in December), then I looked at Carnival Dream-- showed him the price for an oceanview for 5 of us, and he said, "book it!" And since the Disney snob is away at college...

When we docked the Glory in the bahamas we were right beside the disney dream...that ship is HUGE!!!! I was surprised how big the Glory was but yikes ... :p

...anyway we did Disney World last year with the kids and i cant see anything wrong with combining the two...a Disney cruise is my next goal...but first a girls group trip back on Carnival...i would totally do the same itinerary again...Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk! :D

Did you get the feeling of movement for a couple of days after the cruise. Like when you wash your face with eyes closed. Sea leggs love that feeling.

Yes its so weird! I was lying in bed watching the tv and when i closed my eyes it was the strangest feeling. It took me a few hours when i first got on board to feel comfortable but i popped a few ginger gravols the first few days...and eventually the rocking was quite soothing.

Im not actually sure if my first little bout of queasiness was from motion sickness or from the alcohol in my sail away drink on a nearly empty stomach ;) but either way it didnt last long!

Glorytime

We arrive home late last night to a Canadian winter welcome cold and snow. Our Carnival Glory cruise was great I admit it somewhat different from our others . There were gliches and the ship seemed some what quieter then usual in the evenings , but thats cruising life. The staff were excellant ship great 9 ot of 10 overall for us We are totally sold on cruising like you . Already got the plans in the works for our next cruise. Looking to book Carnival Valor out of San Juan. Addicted to cruising .

kruise runner:cool:

Edited by kruise runner

oh ya....NOTHIN'!! :p

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

...oh....and warm chocolate melting cake.....

need i say more! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

Nothin' like that first cruise!

oh ya....NOTHIN'!! :p

Just got off the Glory this morning...sitting in a hotel in Fll waiting to fly home tomorrow morning...and am totally absolutely irreparably addicted to cruising!!! :D

What an absolutely fantastic time...great weather, my little windowless interior cabin in the bottom of the ship was just fine, Chris my cabin steward was a sweetheart, the food was omg :o and just about everything we did was a total riot! No complaints from me...

A few technical difficulties with the shows...my bottomless bubbles was a little watered down, and my feet are so swollen i cant fit into my flipflops anymore.....but my table mates who we met the first night were a total hoot...i had my picture taken with the Captain and i saw dolphins jumping out of the middle of the ocean...

...oh....and warm chocolate melting cake.....

need i say more! :rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for easing my newbie fears and sharing your insights...I have already emailed my hubby to say pack up the bags we're taking the kids next year! :D

The Glory was my first Carnival cruise and after a not so great first cruise on NCL. My wife finally convinced me to give cruising another try a couple years later and I had such a great time on the Glory that I was hooked. It took me a while before I tried another cruise line because I enjoyed Carnival so much, but I did try Royal and Princess and liked them both. Now I am thinking about giving NCL another go. I am hearing good things about them since Kevin Sheehan took the helm. But until them I am quite happy with the Carnival Funships.

We took our first cruise for our 25th anniverary (2010). Hubby didn't really want to go. He LOVED it and we have now gone every year. Totally addicted! This will be our 4th cruise - (The Breeze Apr. 21) and we just absolutely Can not wait! :p

When we docked the Glory in the bahamas we were right beside the disney dream...that ship is HUGE!!!! I was surprised how big the Glory was but yikes ... :p

...anyway we did Disney World last year with the kids and i cant see anything wrong with combining the two...a Disney cruise is my next goal...but first a girls group trip back on Carnival...i would totally do the same itinerary again...Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk! :D

That's the itinerary we're looking at because I'd like to at least see San Juan and spend a beach day.

Welcome to the club!! So nice to hear of someone having a fantastic time and no complaints, very refreshing!!!

OH MY I so agree, so tired of the whiners and the want something for nothing.

No vacation will be perfect get over it and deal with it..

Man I guess you can say it's Monday..LOL

To all the cruisers out there now, HAVE A GREAT TIME.:)

Welcome to the addiction, I too was sceptical about cruising as it was my husbands wish more than mine, but I'm so glad we done this and now can't wait to my next cruise in December :D

First cruise we also went with my in-laws - they didn't like it but they don't like anything so i ignore them....I suppose fun holidays just aren't for everyone :rolleyes:

At least YOU had a good time! When I was on the Glory, I was so angry because the water in the pool wasn't as wet as it was in the pool on the Liberty!! I didn't tip anyone because of this outrage. I wrote several 20 page letters describing my anger and disappointment to Carnival. But did they refund me? Noooooooooooooooo.