does Summit now have the fleet colors?

trcori

Apologies if this already has been mentioned, but I tried a search and couldn't find any confirmation. Did Summit indeed go into drydock last month & did it get the white/blue paint job as expected? Just wondering. It'll be stopping here in Seattle on the way up to Alaska season in a couple weeks, so I'll get to see for myself before long -- but once the question popped into my mind today, I was hoping for an instant answer icon_smile.gif

thanks,

TR

Millennium 12/12/04

Mercury 4/04, Infinity 8/03, Century 3/03 & 9/02

When Celebrity came out with their "True Departure" ad campaign and new logo with the big "X", they also began changing the livery of the ships back to the simple blue and white.

To see the difference, go the www.celebrity.com, click on Fleet, then choose Summit. You'll see the new livery. Then choose Constellation and you will see the original livery for the M Class ships. I believe that Constellation is all that remains in the old livery.

Joe in Portland

Constellation Transatlantic 09-07-2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;09;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

We got off Summit 4/30 - a cruise that had been added because as we were told by crew the ship did not go into drydock as scheduled. As far as we understood, Summit still has the old colors and will be changed when it goes into drydock next winter/early spring, they thought.

Thought the color change (adding gold stripe and the gold and red lettering) when they introduced the Millie class looked awful. I was really impressed with the change to the Millennium when we did the fall transatlantic cruise 2003. She now looked like a Celebrity ship (at least like her little sisters the Horizon, Zenith, and the Century class).

At least that is my opinion.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Archived