Soda question

jdro

Hmm never seen anyone bring 2 liter bottles on board. But I don't see why not. I place my bottles of soda in an extra rolling suit case and check it with my other luggage and it has always arrived to the cabin with everything else. IMO bottled soda would travel better than cans. Where you intending to carry on the two liters or check them with your luggage?

Only Pepsi products are served on NCL ships, so if you are a Coke fan, feel free to bring your own. You might want to bring an insulated mug or bottle or two, so you can drink your soda throughout the ship. Also, you can have your cabin steward clear out all of the bottles and cans of soda, beer and liquor from your cabin's refrigerator so you have room for your bottle.

I'm not sure if I would check them or carry, my thinking is that we are on the Gem, so I figured I would stop at a nearby store on the West Side and pick up bottles of soda easier than cans, do you think?

Thanks again

Jennifer

I think I'll buy some @ the first port and carry it on from there....only have to go a couple days without coca cola lol...

I know there's a CVS right @ the port in San Jaun :) load up on snacks there to bring back :)

I agree that the bottles are easier to travel with. We usually bring 16 oz bottles. We have always checked ours in an extra suitcase. That way we have an extra empty suitcase to bring home all the stuff we collect during our cruise. The worse case scenario is you would get a note telling you to come down to the Naughty Room to claim your suitcase with the bottles in it. At that time, you would just have to open it for an NCL rep to make sure you were not smuggling alcohol onboard. However, we have done this 6 times, even on the Gem, and have never encountered the Naughty Room. We like having some soda back at our cabin to enjoy when coming back from a busy day at port. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for all the help, you are so right I am going to buy a few bottle by the port than wait until I get to San Juan and restock, I'm just not a fan of Pepsi!

Jennifer

Thanks for all the help, you are so right I am going to buy a few bottle by the port than wait until I get to San Juan and restock, I'm just not a fan of Pepsi!

Who is? teehee

Always Coca-Cola :D

Who is? teehee

Always Coca-Cola :D

Me! I love Pepsi!! But interestingly, last time we were in San Juan I bought a couple of 2 liter bottle of Pepsi to bring back on the ship. The bottles were an unusual shape, taller and thinner than any I've ever seen. Stranger still, the soda didn't taste right. I didn't like it at all. It might have been me but maybe it was the water they used to make it?

Me! I love Pepsi!! But interestingly, last time we were in San Juan I bought a couple of 2 liter bottle of Pepsi to bring back on the ship. The bottles were an unusual shape, taller and thinner than any I've ever seen. Stranger still, the soda didn't taste right. I didn't like it at all. It might have been me but maybe it was the water they used to make it?

could be different sugar too, like Mexico

I'm not sure if I would check them or carry, my thinking is that we are on the Gem, so I figured I would stop at a nearby store on the West Side and pick up bottles of soda easier than cans, do you think?

Thanks again

Jennifer

There is a Food Emporium supermarket on West 42nd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues, and there is a CVS Drugstore that has soda on West 42nd Street and 10th Avenue. Most of the grocery stores on 10th and 11th Avenues are small, and will have a limited variety of sodas. Also not much turnover on the sodas, so you might get some "flat" ones.

The bottles were an unusual shape, taller and thinner than any I've ever seen. Stranger still, the soda didn't taste right. I didn't like it at all. It might have been me but maybe it was the water they used to make it?

I read here on CC that the Mexico Coca Cola and Bermuda Coca Cola taste different due to different sugars. Supposedly they are sweeter as they use real sugar and not corn syrup. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Bermuda Coca Cola and I have been there 4 times. :eek:

There is a Food Emporium supermarket on West 42nd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues, and there is a CVS Drugstore that has soda on West 42nd Street and 10th Avenue. Most of the grocery stores on 10th and 11th Avenues are small, and will have a limited variety of sodas. Also not much turnover on the sodas, so you might get some "flat" ones.

Thanks for that, I really didn't want to travel with the soda, we live about 1/2 hour outside of the city, but we are taking the railroad in so I will grab some at Penn and just have to deal with the cab

Thanks for that, I really didn't want to travel with the soda, we live about 1/2 hour outside of the city, but we are taking the railroad in so I will grab some at Penn and just have to deal with the cab

There are fast food stands that will sell cans and 20 oz bottles of soda, at a premium price. I know you don't want to do it but the only alternative is to buy the soda near home and bring it in. If you want the longshoremen at the port to handle it, the sodas should be in sealed box. You can put a NCL luggage tag with your cabin number. Just tip them a dollar or two.

Only Pepsi products are served on NCL ships, so if you are a Coke fan, feel free to bring your own. You might want to bring an insulated mug or bottle or two, so you can drink your soda throughout the ship. Also, you can have your cabin steward clear out all of the bottles and cans of soda, beer and liquor from your cabin's refrigerator so you have room for your bottle.

Thank you for telling me about Pepsi products served on NCL. I am a TRUE Coke fan, so I guess I'll be bringing Coke and water on the trip!:eek:

Thank you for telling me about Pepsi products served on NCL. I am a TRUE Coke fan, so I guess I'll be bringing Coke and water on the trip!:eek:

You may want to bring an empty water bottle or two to fill up on ship's water before you go on your port excursions and trips around the ship. Saves money.

They might sell two liter bottles of soda, but I can't guarrantee that. You don't want to be running around the Penn Station crowds with your luggage shopping for soda there.

They might sell two liter bottles of soda, but I can't guarrantee that. You don't want to be running around the Penn Station crowds with your luggage shopping for soda there.

There are 4 of us one being my 19 year old son let him earn his cruise:D

Thank you again for all your help!

Jennifer

Archived