Emerald R747

SugarStar00

I've done some searching about this room, seems its an odd duck. From what I can gather it was originally a port hole room but changed to a balcony in the last few years. The balcony is shaped different and possibly faces in a different direction that the others? I've seen a few pics of similar rooms on the CB, Ruby and Crown but it seems the room is unique to each ship.

Can anyone post pictures of the Emerald's R747 both inside room and balcony? Can anyone give me a review of it? Is the room size the same? I hear the slamming door and the horizon court above can be noisy, curious to what extent.

Looking to book this on a 10 day and if its a gem I want to snatch it up but if it's only so-so, I dont want to risk it on a longer sailing.

Thanks!!!:D

I've done some searching about this room, seems its an odd duck. From what I can gather it was originally a port hole room but changed to a balcony in the last few years. The balcony is shaped different and possibly faces in a different direction that the others? I've seen a few pics of similar rooms on the CB, Ruby and Crown but it seems the room is unique to each ship.

Can anyone post pictures of the Emerald's R747 both inside room and balcony? Can anyone give me a review of it? Is the room size the same? I hear the slamming door and the horizon court above can be noisy, curious to what extent.

Looking to book this on a 10 day and if its a gem I want to snatch it up but if it's only so-so, I dont want to risk it on a longer sailing.

Thanks!!!:D

It was never a porthole cabin, its always been a balcony.

It has an angled balcony area facing forward a little.

Very quiet location and close to the aft door to the pool.

Any slamming would be that door and not the HC.

This is a photo of a similar location on the Star.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40227&d=1175164686

We had R746 on the other side of the ship a couple of years ago. The cabin is normal and there's little noise from the door up to the aft terrace pool. A great location for the aft terrace pool, Cafe Caribe and HC.

The balcony is unusual as the picture above shows that you'e surrounded by lots of steel superstructure and it not light and airy. The balcony is angled forward and is larger than other balconies but take a good look at all the steel around you.

Archived