Outlets in cabins

For electronics be aware that the 220V outlets can be used with a simple plug adapter that converts the two round pin style to US 120V style blades outlet. Not a voltage converter - just a plug adapter. Just be sure to check the transformer "brick" that converts to DC. It should should an input voltage range of something like 100-240~V. As long as the range includes 220 your OK. I plug laptop in that way. Pretty much anything that runs on DC and has a transformer will be good - but double check. Outlet plug adapters run about $4.

How many outlets are there in a standard cabin? We have lots of electronics :(

Check this out http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Charger/dp/B0015DYMVO This came up recently with another thread I have been following recently. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1797756 Everyone loves it. They are ordering them like crazy. The price is right and it has a rotating plug. Note if you have devices that have "fat" plugs, you may want one or two of these http://www.amazon.com/1-Foot-Extension-Power-Cable-5-Pack/dp/B000CRFOMK/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1362506214&sr=1-4&keywords=power+squid

To answer your actual question, from what I have read here on CC, I think there are only one or two plugs in the cabin itself and another one in the bathroom. But I am not certain of that. Hopefully more recent cruisers can verify that here :confused:

~Bob~

Mild threat hijack, but trying to avoid a whole new post and it is related.

I use a CPAP for sleep apnea at night. Are there outlets close to nightstands? I think I read a cabin attendant could provide an extension cord, but I wouldn't leave it up to chance and would take one myself. But only if needed.

I'm sailing the IOS if it makes a difference.

Mild threat hijack, but trying to avoid a whole new post and it is related.

I use a CPAP for sleep apnea at night. Are there outlets close to nightstands? I think I read a cabin attendant could provide an extension cord, but I wouldn't leave it up to chance and would take one myself. But only if needed.

I'm sailing the IOS if it makes a difference.

My DW also uses a CPAP. We always take a 12 foot light duty extension cord so we have some play depending on where the outlet in the cabin is in relation to her side of the bed. From our experience there has never been one close to the night stands. May on ships we have not sailed but we have never had them. Also I always take a compact power strip so we have some place to plug our electronics to charge over night while the CPAP is plugged in.

Hope this helps. and Happy Cruising.

They are the most common way of starting fires.

Incorrect. They are not.

Can you provide any info on this EVER happening where a cruise ship caught fire attributable to an extension cord or power strip?

Incorrect. They are not.

Can you provide any info on this EVER happening where a cruise ship caught fire attributable to an extension cord or power strip?

No, but it is very easy to start one with shorts and sparks. It's how Christmas trees can burn down. I'm going of the guy who took it off me when he found it in hand luggage.

Power strips/boards will be taken from you if found. And they will find them in your luggage.

Don't take them!

Ours wasn't taken when we sailed Adventure OTS or Carnival Elation. I plan to take one for our Holiday sailing in Dec.

Power strips/boards will be taken from you if found. And they will find them in your luggage. They are the most common way of starting fires.

Don't take them!

We always bring a Powerstrip and have never had them confiscated.

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Oasis and had a strip plugged in for the entire week. Our SA even organized the wires for us everyday hah! We too had a lot of electronics, from phones to laptops, tablets, cameras, and video cameras.

Archived