The amazing ELATION vacation 2/18-23,2013

jamona2311

Loved your review! The info about NOLA is making me want to add another day. My family is really looking forward to our second cruise on the Elation, leaving 6/24. We first cruised the Mexican Riviera on it in 2000 when our kids were 16, 15, 8, & 3...this time around, they'll be 29, 28, 21, & 17...and are bring their husbands, boyfriends, children...I'm so excited!

Cabs were waiting out side the NOLA station and it was a quick ride to the Prytania Park Hotel in the Garden district.

Wheres mom in all of this???? Well she winters in Arizona so she flew in that Saturday and was really enjoying a late NOLA lunch by the time I got there.

Prytania Park Hotel is a lovely place. Its made up of some older homes and some new construction. Outside entrances with beautiful walk ways connecting everything. We had a traditional NOLA galerie right on Prytania street with a huge tree that reached from the other side of the road! Never mind just let me post some pics here and you can see for yourself. Yes I would recommend this hotel if youre looking for a reasonably priced , off Burbon street, not your big box hotel with tons of charm! Not to mention the St Charles street car was a block away.

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I have bookmarked the hotel website because that is exactly the kind of hotel my mother and I enjoy when we travel together. Someday we will get to NOLA.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review.

Sherry

I'm glad you're enjoying the review!:D

I like posting lots of info. I think the pre n post info is just as important. I do lots of research before my vacation and I'm always excited to find whatever I can get. Its all part of the journey.

Btw my DDs n I are staying at prytania park hotel in January. That's how much I lived it. :D

Loved your review! The info about NOLA is making me want to add another day. My family is really looking forward to our second cruise on the Elation, leaving 6/24. We first cruised the Mexican Riviera on it in 2000 when our kids were 16, 15, 8, & 3...this time around, they'll be 29, 28, 21, & 17...and are bring their husbands, boyfriends, children...I'm so excited!

Wow that is sooo cool that everyone is getting together like that. Kinda like a reunion cruise! Nola is an amazing place n worth the extra time. I cant wait to show it to my DDs in January :D

Thanks for reading my review!

Great review!! We are headed to NOLA on Friday and leaving on the Elation on Saturday. You made me even more anxious than I was!!

Awwww thank you!!! Comments like yours are what make doing a review so worth it. Have a wonderful time!!:D

Thank you for creating such a detailed, fun review! I'm sailing in just 14 days (Wow!!) on the Elation. My DH, Mom-in-law and our 3 kids ages 5-15 will be joining me. The info you provided, especially about New Orleans, was fantastic. We're arriving the day before the sail date and I'm working on a fun itinerary for a whirlwind 12 hour stay in NO. Your review showed that you can really see and do a lot in a short stay. Thanks again and happy future sailing to you!

Thank you for creating such a detailed, fun review! I'm sailing in just 14 days (Wow!!) on the Elation. My DH, Mom-in-law and our 3 kids ages 5-15 will be joining me. The info you provided, especially about New Orleans, was fantastic. We're arriving the day before the sail date and I'm working on a fun itinerary for a whirlwind 12 hour stay in NO. Your review showed that you can really see and do a lot in a short stay. Thanks again and happy future sailing to you!

Thankyou for the nice comment! Have a wonderful time.....oh what am I saying??? I know you will:D:D

• 1 month later...
Sorry I see no one has posted and maybe I have too much pre cruise going on but NOLA was soooo cool and I know I couldnt find enuf info on it when I was doing my reserch so Im adding it in here.

For those of you waiting for just the elation part, its coming. We boarded the next day :D

Dont apologize. Im enjoying all your pictures of N.O. Ive never been there, but will be headed their next month to cruise on the Elation. Im looking forward to the rest of your review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for posting a great review. I've been thinking about cruising out of NOLA just for the ride down the Mississippi River. :)

Did you happen to take any pictures of your sleeperette on Amtrack? My husband and I have considered doing a cross country out to the West Coast but didn't know if these rooms would be comfortable enough for a couple of days haul.

Thanks,

~ Sheryl

Thanks for posting a great review. I've been thinking about cruising out of NOLA just for the ride down the Mississippi River. :)

Did you happen to take any pictures of your sleeperette on Amtrack? My husband and I have considered doing a cross country out to the West Coast but didn't know if these rooms would be comfortable enough for a couple of days haul.

Thanks,

~ Sheryl

Thanks for reading. Nolan is amazing. I hope you get there someday.

As for the Amtrak roomette, I couldn't get a good picture of it. It was a lot roomier than it looked online so that was a nice surprise. If you google it you may find pictures. I think that's how I found them...its been a while. Hha. Driving down to NOLA in January with my girls. Wish I was taking the train again. :)

I am so glad I found your review. I paid off the cruise last week, booked my shore excursion in Progreso, and just loved your pics of NOLA. It will be my first time in NOLA and I changed my date to getdown there as I really want to spend a whole day there. Thanks!

Friday 02/22/13 Sea day/ Last day L

Mom went to breakfast on her own again as I had a spa appointment at 930 and didn’t wake up in enuf time to join her. I did get some packing done and then was out the door.

Once again I did the Top to Toe package which this time was $139. I think it’s a good deal for what you get and it come with the full body message, and a spa facial. Theres some other fancy spa moves thrown in there but I cant find my info on it. It is 75 minutes long. Now I think these girls do a wonderful job! I had the best experience on Ecstasy and knew I wanted to go this route again. I feel sooooo good after the massage and I always enjoy a great facial.

After my Spa time I started my habit of getting pictures of the whole ship. I like to do this in one swoop cuz if I try doing it as I go I just end up with a million picture of Tiffanys hallway or something. So if you’ve been waiting for more ship pics nows is that time!

553.JPG?gl=US

Entrance to the Spa/Gym area

554.JPG?gl=US

Looking down at the Atrum bar from Deck 12

556.JPG?gl=US

A higher shot of the Atrium

558.JPG?gl=US

Looking at the walking/running track

560.JPG?gl=US

Mini gold and Mast

561.JPG?gl=US

The coins!!!

I'm sailing this Saturday, Sept. 7. Can you tell me where I can find the coins? Thanks!!!

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the bump of this review. I would have never read it otherwise. We are headed down to nola to cruise on the Elation Aug 22. We are spending a couple days before the cruise and booked the same hotel you stayed at!! Thanks for the great review and it's still helping people years later!!

Well..you will always be so glad of your quality time with mom...what a wonderful trip...love every thing you did...thanks so much!! So cool..both you and mom together and doing your own thing...and I had same room on Paradise...a great location size and money saver!! I love you got a deal on way back as well with the sleeping room, did not know one could try that.....that is so cool...Sarah

PS so loved the tours you took us on everywhere, really up for Nola...Sarah

Edited by sjn911