Baltimore Port - Procedure for arrival?

When you arrive for your cruise do you drive up, drop off luggage to porters and then park - and could DH drop us off too, park and meet us inside? OR do we park 1st and everyone just drags their luggage to the porters and go inside?

1. Pull in the cruise port gate and veer left.

2. A few attendants will be milling around seemingly aimlessly and will hand you a colored piece of construction paper. You can also get luggage tags there if you did not do this before arriving.

3. They will aim you to the nearby entrance gate where you will be directed to the luggage line just ahead.

4. You will pull your car up right along the ship at the pier where there will be rows of luggage loader bins.

5. You will be directed to which one to unload your luggage that you will not be carrying on. Have your luggage tags on those pieces. The attendant will grab them from your car and place them in the bin.

6. The attendant will remind you that wine has to be in your carry-on and that you should be carrying your papers and passports.

7. My two times they have been most pleasant. I give a tip.

8. Once unloaded and back in the driver's seat, you will be motioned to the front of that area where you will turn right and pay your parking in advance. They take credit cards.

9. After paying, grab a space. Once I was directed to a space; the other time I just picked one.

10. Parking is just outside the terminal, very close. Both times the walk was about 50 yards.

Truth is, the process is so streamlined that one could just pull in the first gate and you are automatically directed to everything. It is easy, very compact, and very accessible. Enjoy your cruise.

PS. A GPS will get you right to that entrance gate, but some don't really recognize the East McComus street address and try to put you back on Interstate 95 which is right there. The parking lot, terminal, and ship will be big as life on the right. Just pull in!

You will drive into the gate, someone will give you a windshield card, you'll drive around a curve and the porters will unload your luggage. Once your luggage is taken, you'll pay a person standing right in the lane of traffic for parking, find a parking space which is all in the same area, or very close, then walk into the building for security/registration.

They have a separate area for people who are being dropped off, which is right in front of the building.

We as a family of four, always unload the luggage, park, and walk in together. It's like parking at the mall, it's that close.

Have fun!

When you arrive for your cruise do you drive up, drop off luggage to porters and then park - and could DH drop us off too, park and meet us inside? OR do we park 1st and everyone just drags their luggage to the porters and go inside?

you will be directed to a line where they will take your bags out of the car. then you will be directed to the parking lot.. 2 lines, one for cash payment, and one for CC payment. from the parking lot it is a short walk to the terminal, even from the far end of lot.

the line for security can get backed up but has always gone fairly quickly.

Radio has taken pics showing the Port. Sometimes a pic helps!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1542850&page=6

Go down to post#102 5th pic down shows part of the Port area. Near the water are the luggage bins that were mentioned. On the right hand side is the parking for CCL. After you past all of the bins there are orange cones that lead you to the parking cashier. The tent was not there when this pic was taken. You are then directed to drive around the terminal and RCI parks on the left side of the terminal.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1542850&page=5

Post #82 shows some pics of the terminal..outside and inside.

Thanks for this information! What is the procedure for debarkation? Will porters be available to assist in getting the luggage back to the car?

Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for this information! What is the procedure for debarkation? Will porters be available to assist in getting the luggage back to the car?

My one time debarking at Baltimore (2 yrs ago). Once off the ship you pass through customs then into a large room where you will pick up you luggage and can then just walk it out to your car. I didn't need them but believe there are porters available if you need them.

Porters are available to assist with luggage when you debark. They have you gather your luggage and raise your hand. We have always found them fast and efficient. They roll the card right out to your car or the taxi

Porters are available to assist with luggage when you debark. They have you gather your luggage and raise your hand. We have always found them fast and efficient. They roll the card right out to your car or the taxi

Thanks! I am traveling solo and may need help hossing the luggage into my car depending on how much shopping I do.

Archived