Cheers program in Galveston

tk22

hi jlindemer I have sailed out of Galveston TX and Sebleo is right the cheer package will not start until day 2. I had to go down to the coffee shop and ask for irish coffee (that's coffee with whiskey in it) and the lady at the coffee stand gave me my cheers sticker for my sail&sign card

• 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2014 at 5:35 AM, Bookbug53 said:

People can debate but this is what Carnival says in the description of Cheers:

The following restrictions apply:

• Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage – it is not sold on a per day basis

• CHEERS! is only sold to guests 21 years of age and older and agree not to give to minors

• Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the package

• Only one drink at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted

• Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! package and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest’s Sail and Sign account

• Package allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served any additional alcoholic drinks

• Package allows for unlimited soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktail

• Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason

• Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this package is used within US waters. The tax is based on the particular state’s tax structure and the cost of the individual drink purchased (not the daily package rate). For example: if the drink price is $5 and the tax is 10%, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged $0.50 for tax. This applies to all US ports (embarkation home ports and ports-of-call)

Due to Texas State laws, CHEERS! will not be offered until the second day of the cruise for voyages departing from our Texas home ports. In this case, please know the daily rate will be based on the full cruise duration price but only charged from day 2 forward. Guests may purchase drinks in the usual manner.• Package not available for purchase on cruises sailing from Australia

• Package is non-refundable

Now their claims that it is due to Texas state law is debatable as RCCL sells their beverage packages as soon as you board in Galveston. :rolleyes:

"please know the daily rate will be based on the full cruise duration price but only charged from day 2 forward." Well, that's as clear as mud. Do they charge you starting on day 2 or is it based on the "full cruise duration price" I'm usually pretty good with reading comprehension skills! Am I missing something here??