Sales?

mumtopugs

I'm not being argumentative, I am just trying to find what I am missing. This is a legitimate, non-troll question!!!! I can't make the math of the sale add up. I've tried several different mock bookings, but the rates OBC offered are never, under any circumstance, less than the saver? Can you give me an example of when a sale rate worked out for you? Thanks!

The previous sale, the one that had 1/2 off on the deposits got me a 120.00 price drop, no obc. What I can tell is that you really pay for the OBC that you get so other rates, early saver, past guest will be cheaper.

$1000 is awesome! Even $120 sounds awesome! I check rates all the time, but early save and past guest always seem the lowest, without exception- not the sale rate. Maybe it's just the bookings I'm seeing.

I'm not being argumentative, I am just trying to find what I am missing. This is a legitimate, non-troll question!!!! I can't make the math of the sale add up. I've tried several different mock bookings, but the rates OBC offered are never, under any circumstance, less than the saver? Can you give me an example of when a sale rate worked out for you? Thanks!

I did it for my cruise yesterday and it's $90 less. So it worked for me.

$1000 is awesome! Even $120 sounds awesome! I check rates all the time, but early save and past guest always seem the lowest, without exception- not the sale rate. Maybe it's just the bookings I'm seeing.

I agree--I've found that Early Saver is usually the lowest. But, I did see a few posts recently where the Past Guests Save Big promotion was lower than Early Saver. I read about a couple people booking Early Saver and immediately submitting the price protection form to take advantage of the Past Guest sale. :D

Whenever I see them advertising a sale, I call carnival and have them check it, I don't have the time to try and figure it out. So far I have scored a $20.00 price drop on both of our cabins ( Fantasy) in May. I troll the website a couple days a week and call to have them check everytime- today I got $75.00 per person OBC, I have NEVER gotten OBC before, I am so excited!!

my 6 night on the breeze gets a $250 OBC for an inside cabin.

i also sail from florida and that is normally the best rate, however with the OBC it equals out to be about $40 cheaper doing the OBC. I have to pay more up front, but when the OBC is divided out.. it's cheaper!

I did a mock booking and I thought it was only a $30.00 savings and I filed my early saver form and within 2 days I got a response and it wasn't $38.00, it was $350.00. Great surprise for me:D. I went in again today and the cruise price was lower again so I filled out another form we will see.

Last weeks sale got me $100 off our 2 OV cabins each. This weeks sale increased the price by $180 for each room that was offset with $250 OBC for each room. That was another $70 net drop. So far we have saved a total of $340 in the last 2 weeks.

I agree--I've found that Early Saver is usually the lowest. But, I did see a few posts recently where the Past Guests Save Big promotion was lower than Early Saver. I read about a couple people booking Early Saver and immediately submitting the price protection form to take advantage of the Past Guest sale. :D

I did this last week. Booked late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning, submitted the form immediately and got the email confirming my new lower rate on Sunday morning!

Archived