Silver cloud mdr -

dusababy

• 1 month later...

When I was on the Silver Cloud in Dec. - Jan. (South America cruise), the Maitre D was Jorge, and he was superb. There were other problems with the cruise (see my review, "Disappointed by Silversea," under the Silver Cloud reviews on this website), but Jorge was excellent.

pres, You are so right Jorge is terrific, in fact imo one of the very best on any cruise line.

I was stunned, however, when I went to your review and saw your anger about missing the Falklands. The Argentine response to cruise ships that wish to visit Argentina after going to the Falklands has been well known for over a year. Any research would have told you so. A cruise line that wants to visit BA is not going to go to Stanley.

Sorry you got surprised, but it is common knowledge.

The chef from the Silver Explorer is going to the Cloud later this month, his name is Grant and he is Australian. Let me say the food on our trip has been great. Grant is a friendly guy, out and about the dining room at all meals, very approachable.

The chef from the Silver Explorer is going to the Cloud later this month, his name is Grant and he is Australian. Let me say the food on our trip has been great. Grant is a friendly guy, out and about the dining room at all meals, very approachable.

Will look forward to meeting Grant in Barbados on the Cloud. Thanks for the heads up.

You can be sure Stumblefoot. I'm a bit of a foodie in that in my previous life I loved to cook - actually learned from Julia -- read her first cookbook cover to cover -- so I appreciate good cooking. I'm looking forward to this !!

I'm a bit of a foodie in that in my previous life I loved to cook - actually learned from Julia -- read her first cookbook cover to cover -- so I appreciate good cooking.
That is awesome! I hope you've seen the 2009 movie Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep. I've found that while I like to cook too, I truly excel at eating good cooking.

Stumblefoot if you're a fan of Julia there's a recent book DEARIE - which is what she called everyone. Great read.

And yes - saw the movie(s) about the dear girl.

My beloved husband could request anything he wanted for his birthday dinner. It was always Julia's sweetbreads in cream - labor intensive - ultra expensive (organ meats through the roof) - calorie rich. Every year! Wonderful memories.

I don't make it anymore.

Archived