Booked the Getaway!!

I can't believe I did it but I did. On our recent Epic cruise I took advantage of the paying $300.00 and getting $500.00 on a future two rooms or two cruises. So tonight I get a phone call from a Norwegian cruise consultant who made me an offer I could not refuse. I get to pick out the rooms I wanted (two spa balconies near the elevators and stairs), and I get all price drops until 75 days before the cruise, and I can cancel with no penalities 75 days before the cruise. (I booked the same cruise date as this year, lol). :eek: Sounds like they are tweaking the Epic with the Breakaway and Getaway and are making a great ship even better specifically with more open areas to enjoy the ocean and a better spa area (if that is possible). I am very excited about the new restaurant Ocean Blue and can't wait to hear the reviews. My son and gf who will be with us this time love oysters!! This will be their first cruise. I have never booked a cruise this far ahead and hope that the year wait doesn't drive me crazy!!

I can't believe I did it but I did. On our recent Epic cruise I took advantage of the paying $300.00 and getting $500.00 on a future two rooms or two cruises. So tonight I get a phone call from a Norwegian cruise consultant who made me an offer I could not refuse. I get to pick out the rooms I wanted (two spa balconies near the elevators and stairs), and I get all price drops until 75 days before the cruise, and I can cancel with no penalities 75 days before the cruise. (I booked the same cruise date as this year, lol). :eek: Sounds like they are tweaking the Epic with the Breakaway and Getaway and are making a great ship even better specifically with more open areas to enjoy the ocean and a better spa area (if that is possible). I am very excited about the new restaurant Ocean Blue and can't wait to hear the reviews. My son and gf who will be with us this time love oysters!! This will be their first cruise. I have never booked a cruise this far ahead and hope that the year wait doesn't drive me crazy!!

Congrats. We booked April 12th cruise through Costcotraveldotcom. Will have to check if prices dropped as Costco price matches too but with 25 fee if you want to keep same cabin.

Yes the year wait will drive you bonkers but what a fun wait!

Hi! I'm also looking at booking for the end of October 2014 as a (milestone) birthday present to myself. I haven't been monitoring the blogs as closely as I should, but is there any forecast of what the rest of the Have Suite deck will be used for? (Current plan shows TBD.) I LOVE the aft suites and was thinking about the deck just below the Haven Suites. Thoughts????

Hi! I'm also looking at booking for the end of October 2014 as a (milestone) birthday present to myself. I haven't been monitoring the blogs as closely as I should, but is there any forecast of what the rest of the Have Suite deck will be used for? (Current plan shows TBD.) I LOVE the aft suites and was thinking about the deck just below the Haven Suites. Thoughts????

What you could do is look at the Breakaway deckplans. That is what my personal NCL rep as been advising me to do.

Aaah I wish we could get a suite....niiiiiiiiice:D:)

KrystalWaters - what a DUH!!! I should have thought of that! I lost my PCC and am winging it. He was great! I talked to someone else when I called his extension to book the Jewel...not sure this one was a thorough as he was and I probably left a discount/OBC on the table. So sad!!!!!

KrystalWaters - what a DUH!!! I should have thought of that! I lost my PCC and am winging it. He was great! I talked to someone else when I called his extension to book the Jewel...not sure this one was a thorough as he was and I probably left a discount/OBC on the table. So sad!!!!!

Lol it happens. You should see some of the questions i post/ask my PCC!:eek::p

This is my first NCL cruise and my PCC is great. So patient with me. I told him I'm going to be his new BFF. I feel I call so much. He's been a life saver. I even got some OBC out of the deal!

If you want send me an email and I'll give you his contact info.

My email: ilove2cruise2@yahoo.com :)

Booked it!!!! October 2014 - Aft Suite 13902. Happy birthday to meeeee...happy birthday to meeeeee!!!! Turning (a certain age), while better than the alternatives, is still no fun when my brain says I'm still in my late 20s-early 30s. My snap-crackle-pop knees say something COMPLETELY different when climbing stairs.

October 18th 2014 - cabin 12904.

Vondofife, did the recent discussion on the Breakaway thread regarding the "beam" that appears to be on the Deck 12 aft suite balconies give you any second thoughts on your deck 12 aft suite selection? I am debating about it... Just curious to know your thoughts. Thanks.

I don't know about the beam on this ship but there were similar discussions about a beam on the aft balconies of the Ruby Princess. I sailed in one of the suites and it was a total non-issue. In fact, it was sort of convenient since a side table could tuck in the lee and my book/napkin would be protected from the breeze. Maybe this will be the same. **crosses fingers**

October 18th 2014 - cabin 12904.

Aaaah....I'll be getting off when you get on. I'm going on the 11th. We may end up switching to our week if my brother decides to join us. Of course he'll get a studio:p

We have a spa balcony on the 14th floor:D

Vondofife, did the recent discussion on the Breakaway thread regarding the "beam" that appears to be on the Deck 12 aft suite balconies give you any second thoughts on your deck 12 aft suite selection? I am debating about it... Just curious to know your thoughts. Thanks.

No, not at all. I studied the aft photos provided by Andreas Depping (see link)

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281

Decks 9 and 12 look the largest aft balconies and the supporting beam, on those two decks, looks more like a pole to me. Give me something to hold onto when I've had one too many!! I wanted deck 12 to be near to the entrance to the kids club for my 8 year old son. I will continue to follow the Everything Breakaway thread and maybe see if any interior cabin and balcony photos are posted of my stateroom. I have plenty time to change cabins if need be ..... I'm sure I won't though.

Archived