Which Hotel for Cruise out of Port of Houston

seafood

Family and I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess in November. I am looking at pre-cruise hotels for a one night stay. Which of these hotels would you select and why? Which is closest to the Bayport Cruise Terminal?

1. Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Pasadena, 4741 E. Sam Houston Prkway South, Pasadena, TX

2. Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-Nasa Area, 506 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX

3. La Quinta Inn & Suites Pasadena North, 2205 Pasadena Freeway, Pasadena, TX

I have had very good experiences at Hampton Inns, but feel free to make other suggestions.

Thank you for any and all responses.

Family and I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess in November. I am looking at pre-cruise hotels for a one night stay. Which of these hotels would you select and why? Which is closest to the Bayport Cruise Terminal?

1. Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Pasadena, 4741 E. Sam Houston Prkway South, Pasadena, TX

2. Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Clear Lake-Nasa Area, 506 W. Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX

3. La Quinta Inn & Suites Pasadena North, 2205 Pasadena Freeway, Pasadena, TX

I have had very good experiences at Hampton Inns, but feel free to make other suggestions.

Thank you for any and all responses.

All are in good locations, but #1 is probably the best as far as driving to the port if you're not familiar with the area. You're close to Fairmont Pkwy which is about a straight ten minute drive to Hwy 146, then just a couple of minutes to the port from there.

Pre-Cruise you've got a lot of places to eat and shop around all three if you need to make any last minute purchases. Never stayed at any of them but pass all three regularly and they are all nicely kept.

Rudyard, thanks for responding. I will make a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Pasadena.

Your welcome. I forgot when I replied before, but I had some family come in from out of town about a year ago and they stayed there. From what I recall they had no complaints.

I live 10 minutes from the port.

I would recommend a Hotel in Kemah or Seabrook area.

http://www.hotels.com/search/searchmap.html?cd=03-29-13&dd=03-30-13&dn=league+city%2C+tx&nr=1&pn=1&r=2&rl=CITY%3A1440587%3AEXACT_RED%3AHIGH&so=BEST_SELLER&vc=true&vt=MAP

Alot more to do along Nasa Park Way (NASA , lots of great restaurants, Kemah Boardwalk)

Still only a 10 minute drive to terminal

Badduck1974, Thanks for the info. I'm now also holding reservations at the Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center and at the Quality Inn & Suites Yacht Club, both in Seabrook. Between those two, which would you select? As I said before we've had great experiences at Hampton Inns. Both get great reviews on TripAdvisor and there's not that much difference in the prices (Hampton Inn is a little higher than Quality Inn).

Badduck1974, Thanks for the info. I'm now also holding reservations at the Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center and at the Quality Inn & Suites Yacht Club, both in Seabrook. Between those two, which would you select? As I said before we've had great experiences at Hampton Inns. Both get great reviews on TripAdvisor and there's not that much difference in the prices (Hampton Inn is a little higher than Quality Inn).

Not familiar with these hotels, but the location is nice. You're just a couple of minutes from the Kemah Boardwalk if you're looking for something to do the night before the cruise. The port is probably less than ten minutes from either place.

Archived