Select dining on reflection

ss0595

Hi everyone

Just a couple quick questions about select dining on the reflection. My fiancé and I are booked for this august and I was wondering if there were long waits when using select dining as opposed to having a set dinner time. We like the idea of flexibility but not if its going to be difficult to get seated. Also we would prefer to sit just the two of us but I didn't know if there is a limit to the number of two seaters.

Thanks a bunch for any info

You can also book on select dining - so if you want to eat at 7 the next day - book a table as you leave.

We have only ever waited once in 5 cruises with the S class ships and this is because it was New Years eve and we wanted to share with others and waited for others who wanted to share too.

All the other times we've been in within 5 minutes if not immediately.

Here is a tip - check the flow of times - on one cruise the average age was 15 years more than it was in the summer and they all wanted to eat at 5.30 so we never went until 8pm. On another the average age was 10 younger and most ate at 7 to 7.15 - ask the maitre D after the first night and they will tell you the time to avoid.

We had Select dining on our recent Eclipse sailing, and it was very disorganized the first two night, but after that, it was fine. I spoke with the dining room manager about it and he admitted that X hasn't quite gotten their act together yet when it comes to Select Dining. I think it's still a work in progress on some sailings. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to do Select Dining again on future X cruises.

... I spoke with the dining room manager about it and he admitted that X hasn't quite gotten their act together yet when it comes to Select Dining. I think it's still a work in progress on some sailings.

It is a work in process on some ships due to the individual(s) assigned to run select dining. We've had outstanding experience on the equinox and not such outstanding experience (I'm being kind) on the Eclipse...but it really depends on who's in charge...not X's system which does work very well when done right. The person who apparently didn't understand their job was...you guessed it...the dining room manager you spoke to....

It is a work in process on some ships due to the individual(s) assigned to run select dining. We've had outstanding experience on the equinox and not such outstanding experience (I'm being kind) on the Eclipse...but it really depends on who's in charge...not X's system which does work very well when done right. The person who apparently didn't understand their job was...you guessed it...the dining room manager you spoke to....

The problem on our sailing was due to overbooking of the Early MDR seating. I don't think the dining room manager had anything to do with that, as the bookings are done on the ground, so to speak. He was, however, the one left holding the bag in dealing with the fallout of those overbookings.

Archived