Cave Tubing Alligators???

sanderson25032

Your brother sounds like my dad - he's always convinced we'll get eaten by a shark/alligator/panther. :D While I haven't been yet, I did read reviews saying there were only very small fish in the cave part of the river. Alligators would need to eat tourists to survive!

Yea, no one on here has ever reported that there are any alligators in the water there. I can tell you that we all ask about the animals, what's there, what we could run in to and alligators were NOT confirmed by the tour guide. ;)

I will tell you this though, there is suppose to be a Jaugar in the woods there. He has been spotted several times by people who do the night cavetubing (I can't imagine wanting to walk in the woods at night or get in to water and go through caves in complete darkness...nope, not me), but they do give night tours...that's when the jaguar comes out and has been spotted. No, I'm not pulling your leg either. :)

I would have been happy to see anything, be it alligator or El Tigre. I watched for wildlife our whole trip and saw nothing except a few birds and they were closer to the coast.

Well if you go cavetubing, you'll at least get to meet Mr Tarantula:

IMG_5570-M.jpg

And also some tasty termites:

IMG_5567-M.jpg

We were talking to our brother-in-law who has visited Belize and he claims there are alligators in the caves where the tubing is done!!!!!! Anyone else heard of this or was he just trying to wind us up??

No but I did hear that there are dinosaurs on an island off the coast of Coasta Rica. :D

No but I did hear that there are dinosaurs on an island off the coast of Coasta Rica. :D

I saw those also! Along with the gators and the giant man eating snakes.

:eek:

That is why we are taking the water taxi to Caye Caulker when we cruise on the Legend March 24th, 2013

• 3 weeks later...

OK folks, we just got back and my sons reported definitely NO alligators in the caves, however, they were required to rent special shoes and pay for their own lunch. It would have been nice if Princess had told them this before they went on the tour. :cool:

Never had to have "special shoes" just told not to being wearing flip flops (or any type of shoe that falls off easily! We did Belize on our own (not on a cruise) I guess thats why when we do cruise--we find out own private tours--usually cheaper and one is in direct contact with the tour operator--so fewer surprises.

We just got back and tubed with Cavetubing.bz - absolutely no alligators, snakes or other animals. You need either old sneakers or water shoes to walk to the river. It iuneven with many river rocks. If your feet are tender wear sneakers that you don't care about. It is a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

I was researching different vendors with the cave tubing and I went to one of their pages of "Most asked questions" and found the following:

Are there Crocodiles in the river? Answer: If there were I would not be your guide.

I found this hilarious and immediately thought of this thread. :D

i was researching different vendors with the cave tubing and i went to one of their pages of "most asked questions" and found the following:

are there crocodiles in the river? answer: If there were i would not be your guide.

i found this hilarious and immediately thought of this thread. :d

lol!

I was researching different vendors with the cave tubing and I went to one of their pages of "Most asked questions" and found the following:

Are there Crocodiles in the river? Answer: If there were I would not be your guide.

I found this hilarious and immediately thought of this thread. :D

That is hilarious! Thank you so much for sharing!

Archived