wrinkled clothes

hun6903

I use a blend of all the above mentioned methods above, with the exception of the wrinkle release spray. I tried it and did not care for the odor it left, but then, I can smell perfume or cigarettes 50 feet away.

We use the ziploc bags, but only for items we do not care about wrinkling, such as underwear, swimsuits, pajamas, socks. I do think they are a great way to pack an outfit each day for small kids, but if you compress the air out, you will create deep wrinkles. I would use compression only on items that are bulky, such as sweaters or jackets.

The dry cleaner bags work great, I will place two items on a hanger, layering the bags in between and over (this method is for the garment bag). When packing long gowns or dresses that would bunch at the bottom og the garment bag I do the following: hnag the dress on a hanger, cover with dry cleaning bag, using a second hanger (the pants kind that is slightly sticky), drape the bottom of the dress over that hanger and cover with an additional dry cleaning bag. This tip was provided by someone else, I don't take credit for it, but it worked beautifully and we (DD and I) did not have to steam or iron our formal dresses.

I do have to agree with arnieslady, though, don't worry so much about wrinkles, you are on vacation :)

Archived