Got a letter from Carnival today...

YoureMoving

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd let you all know what looks to be the official word on the port changes for the Miracle. And I quote...

"We want to advise you that we will change the sequence of our visits to Cozumel and Belize on the Carnival Miracle cruises departing June 5, 2005 to October 2, 2005.

We will now visit Belize on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday. We will also extend the call in Cozumel with a new 10:00 p.m. departure time. The changes have been made to improve your shore experiences in these great ports of call."

We're actually pretty happy with the change. More time in Cozumel works for us! Terry, can you confirm when formal nights are now?

Gina:p

Gina,

Did you book an excursion through CCL? The reason I ask is that it seems CCL is only notifying people that have booked Coz and Belize excursions through the line, and no one else. I haven't checked today, but I could still book excursions for Coz (listed as arriving on Thursday) on the CCL website as of yesterday.

I would think all those on Cruise Critic know of the itinerary change, but the lack of dissemination of that information to all Miracle cruisers is a little disturbing...

Thanks,

Tim

<<but the lack of dissemination of that information to all Miracle cruisers is a little disturbing...>>

It's not just Miracle cruisers, CCL has the habit of doing this too most of it's cruisers. I knew someone who cruised Pride, and was never told that the waterslide was going to be out of commision during entire cruise.

Nice for him to find out when the kids area all geared up for this. I would say no big deal if it were just out for a week or two- BUT that was months ago, and CCL still does not make cruisers aware that the slide still has NOT yet re-opened. And what's more disturbing, they give different excuses why, or just deny that the slide is closed. So you're not alone. :mad:

Hi Tim;

Actually, no, we did not book any excursions through Carnival. We only have one booked and that's through a private dive company in Grand Cayman. When do you sail? We leave on 6/19, so maybe we got ours because we leave so soon?

Gina

Rwe, without knowing the reason why it was closed, I would agree that that, well basically, "blows". The "is the slide open" question seems to be common on CC, so apparently it is safer to assume it won't be open and be pleasantly surprised than vice-verse.

Gina,

We sail on 8/28. We had already booked Coz and Belize shore excursions through outside vendors. The odd thing was that when I used the live chat feature for one of the vendors telling them of the change, they said they were aware of it already and had made the switch to coincide with the day we would be in port. Haven't received anything from CCL yet, so maybe they are doing it by cruise date. I did send a "did you plan on telling anyone" e-mail to CCL via their website, and have yet to receive a response.

I can't and won't bash CCL for making the change, but darn, let people know up front.

In any case, it's still a cruise, and I wish you nothing but blue skies and calm seas:)

Thanks, Tim. We're hoping that the weather behind Arlene will be nice and clear! We're looking forward to our trip, really can't believe that we leave in 5 days! I've decided to buy a journal so I can have a keepsake for the kids when they get older - but I'll also be ready to pay forward for all of the great advice I've read on the board. ;)

Gina

Thanks, Tim. We're hoping that the weather behind Arlene will be nice and clear! We're looking forward to our trip, really can't believe that we leave in 5 days! I've decided to buy a journal so I can have a keepsake for the kids when they get older - but I'll also be ready to pay forward for all of the great advice I've read on the board. ;)

Gina

Hey I just did the same thing today! I been on a few big vacations, years ,and now forgot the details. I want to hold on to my memories longer with this cruise since after twenty years it is the first time my husband and I will be away from our kids. ( I hope we can stand each other) : )

Archived