Will we have enough time??

Car80

Hello! I am considering booking the Rays, Reef, Rum Point tour with Native Ways. This is for myself and my 6yr old daughter. We will be on RCIs Jewel of the Seas and will be in GC Wednesday, March 27th with 8 other ships. Our ship arrives at 7am and leaves at 3:30pm. The tour is from 9:15am-2:30pm Easter Daylight Savings Time.

My questions are: will we have enough time to do this excursion? Are the ships arrival and departure times Easter Daylight Savings?

Another question-do you get very much time at Rum Point? All my daughter wants to do is sit and play on the beach, but I think she will have a blast with the other activities as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

• 3 weeks later...

I went online and reserved the 3 stops with the Rum Point stop and this was their reply (which I was thankful for their knowledge so we won't miss getting back onto the ship!!):

I received your request for our beach lunch tour but unfortunately your last tender is at 2:15 local time (3:15 ship’s time) and you would not be back in time if you took our beach lunch tour, which gets back to town by about 2:45 local time.

I have therefore reserved 12 spots for you on our 10:00 AM (three-stop) trip for June 172th. Please meet us at our office in the Waterfront Centre, located 1/2 to 2 blocks LEFT of the cruise ship terminals, depending on which of our three terminals you disembark from. You should be here by 9:15 local time that morning (10:15 ship’s time if it stays on Eastern Daylight time), with towels and sunscreen.

Archived