It's complicated, need help!

msstarr22

Traveling on the Glory with my best friend in November and the whole thing is very complicated. We wanted to have a few days at the end of the cruise on the beach so we are booking 1 night pre-cruise and 2 nights at the end. The problem is transportation. She flies in to Fort Lauderdale, I fly into Miami. We want to meet up at the hotel so we both need shuttles from each airport, get shuttled to the ship at POM, the shuttled to the hotel again and back to respective airports. I cannot see an inexpensive solution for this. Any ideas will be so welcome, would it be cheaper to do a car? Just not sure which way to go. I will be using Marriott points and gift cards so I am planning on Marriott hotel choice on the beach so the picking are slim. Has anyone ever run into this and is there another board where I should post this?:eek:

I was under the assumption that most of the hotels down there will shuttle you to and from the airport, as well as the port. I know a few years ago when my family did almost the same thing, the hotel picked us all up at the airport, and the next day took us to the port, when we got back, they picked us up, and a few days later, back to the hotel it was.

I'd call the hotel to find out about shuttles.

Traveling on the Glory with my best friend in November and the whole thing is very complicated. We wanted to have a few days at the end of the cruise on the beach so we are booking 1 night pre-cruise and 2 nights at the end. The problem is transportation. She flies in to Fort Lauderdale, I fly into Miami. We want to meet up at the hotel so we both need shuttles from each airport, get shuttled to the ship at POM, the shuttled to the hotel again and back to respective airports. I cannot see an inexpensive solution for this. Any ideas will be so welcome, would it be cheaper to do a car? Just not sure which way to go. I will be using Marriott points and gift cards so I am planning on Marriott hotel choice on the beach so the picking are slim. Has anyone ever run into this and is there another board where I should post this?:eek:

Not complicated at all.

You take a taxi from MIA to the hotel; your friend books a ride from FLL to the hotel through ridesas dot com.

The morning of the cruise, you both take a taxi to the port.

After the cruise, you both take a taxi to the hotel. When your vacation is over, use the same methods that you used at the beginning of your trip from your hotel to your respective airports.

Easy peasy.

Archived