galveston......... Gaido's Inn

It's an older motel on Seawall Blvd. It overlooks the parking lot of Gaido's. I understand they have newly renovated rooms and pool area, but it is still an older property. Definitely look it up on Trip Advisor.

We've stayed at Gaidos each of the last 3 years when cruising out of galveston...and are booked there again for a week this June. We also plan on staying there again in November on our next cruise. Gaidos is an older motel type place, with two levels of rooms. They have rooms that are a little more expensive that face the water, and some that are on the side that overlook one of their parking lots. We always get an upstairs, water-view room for a better view. They are not luxurious rooms, but are clean and we enjoy staying there. We like eating there too. They built a new pool area last year, and its really nice. The rooms are priced competitively, and include breakfast. About the only drawback I have encountered staying there is the fact they will not take reservations very far in advance..usually only a few months or so. We just keep trying until we get in. If you are looking for a fancy, swank hotel..this isnt gonna be for you. As far as security, we have left our vehicle at their lot 3 times while cruising, with no issues. We've never had any security issues anywhere we've stayed in Galveston as far as our vehicles are concerned, but I guess problems can happen anywhere. Gaidos staff have always seemed pleasant too.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there for our cruise on the Magic last minute cruise. They did not clean the room very well. Had mardi gras beads still in the room, looked like sheets weren't washed. We wiped everything down but due to the last second booking we were stuck. Not sure if I would do it again .

• 1 month later...

Archived