port said / egypt

hi, has anyone any news if Thomson spirit is still calling at the ports of call on 3/4/13. port said. Alexandria. ect, :(:confused::( as Thomson don't seem to keep me up to date. different matter if I owed them £££££.

I think I read on this site that Thomson have emailed passengers sailing this month that Port Said has been cancelled but Alexandria remains.....I expect they will wait, before informing passengers too early of any changes, to see what the situation is.....it does change very quickly. Rest assured that they won't take you anywhere where there is deemed to be a risk and they do usually arrange another port. The Cairo trips can still go from Alexandria. :)

It is possible that they will not do Port Said for our cruise as there seems to have been more trouble there again today, however i can not see it being to much of a problem if they stay an extra night in Alexandria instead as you can do the same excursions from there anyway, i`ll be a little disappointed tho as we have done Cairo before and fancied having a look at the Suez Canal whilst in Port Said, never mind there are some interesting things in Alexandria like the Catacombs to visit.:)

looking like port said is off the menu. o well just hope things cool down a bit before 3/4/13, its every time I book to go to Egypt trouble starts, maybe I am a jinks. going to email Thomson tomorrow. if I get a reply will let you know asap. happy sailing. :D:D:p

To be honest, you don't see much of the Suez Canal in Port Said anyway - at least not the last time we were docked there. Not the best stopover apart from being able to visit Cairo.

To be honest, you don't see much of the Suez Canal in Port Said anyway - at least not the last time we were docked there. Not the best stopover apart from being able to visit Cairo.

You can get a taxi to the free ferry which sails along the Suez there are a few things you can plan to do yourself if you are not doing the Cairo trip :)

You can walk along to the entrance of the Suez Canal from the ship. There's some nice shops along the way (lovely handbags & perfume... no hassle ). The RORO ferry is free. Beautiful mosque on the other side.

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know for the cruise sailing on the 3rd April, we're still planning to sail with the planned itinerary which includes Port Said.

The health, safety and comfort of all our customers is our priority and as there are still political demonstrations continuing in Port Said, we’re monitoring the situation daily and taking Foreign Office advice. If a change to the itinerary has to be made last minute, we’ll let customers know beforehand where possible.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lauren

Archived