Personal Training on Allure

Hi all,

Has anyone used the personal training service on the Allure of the Seas? I have been thinking of booking a session or two on my upcoming cruise to offset some of the extra calories I am sure to consume. I would be curious to know what style of training they offer and how strenous the workouts were. I would love to get a good workout, but not if someone is going to be screaming at me for an hour.

Thanks - Darci

Save your money! By all means use the gym and other facilities but I wouldnt pay for a PT session whillst on holiday!

If you're wanting to burn some extra calories then focus on cardiovascular exercises (IE treadmill, stepper, bike, rower, x-trainer). The CV machines which work upper and lower body together (IE rower and X-Trainer) will help you to burn more calories.

You're probably not on the cruise long enough to benefit from doing any resistance exercises.

Hope this helps x

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using a trainer at home, and am hoping to keep up with my routine. I usually bring my gym clothes on the cruise, but rarely seem to make it to the gym. I was thinking that having an appointment would help, but don't want to get in over my head.

I was curious if anyone had any experince with the trainers on board.

Darci

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been using a trainer at home, and am hoping to keep up with my routine. I usually bring my gym clothes on the cruise, but rarely seem to make it to the gym. I was thinking that having an appointment would help, but don't want to get in over my head.

I was curious if anyone had any experince with the trainers on board.

Darci

I have a trainer at home as well that I workout with 2x a week. I haven't used one on a cruise but have taken spinning classes. They were really good and an awesome workout. I would imagine the spinning instructor would likely also do PT sessions. It definitely is a way to get an incredible workout in a short period of time. As you know you could workout on your own but it isn't the same as having a trainer.

Archived