Doing the cozumel bar hop tour solo???

zpdw484

Ok, so I am a 28 yr old male going on my first solo cruise in a couple of weeks. I have been to cozumel many times and just can't decide what I want to do that day. I would really like to do the cozumel bar hop tour. It is an independent operated tour that takes you to 4 or 5 restaraunt/bars on the "other" side of the island. I haven't been to that side of the island and the tour sounds like tons of fun. I would have to grab a taxi and go to the meeting point (which is the starbucks in town) and then after the tour they drop you back at your ship. But..... as much fun as the tour sounds , logic tells me that it's not such a good idea to go on a "bar hopping" tour in a foreign country as a solo lol. I am a drinker and can hold my alcohol pretty well, but as a drinker, I also know that crazy things can happen when alcohol is involved. Just don't want to end up missing my ship or something crazy lol

I have not been able to find a single "bad review" of the bar hop, so the tour operator sounds pretty legit. Also it doesn't sound like an absolute "drink till you fall over" type excursion either. I have noticed from my roll call that there is a large group from my ship doing the "bar hop" that day, so I would be just one of many headed back to mariner of the seas after the tour.

Any thoughts???

Do it! You won't regret it! I "hopped" this past December as a solo on the Valor. We only had 13 total in the van, three of us were from the Valor (each of us solos). It's an absolute blast!!!!! I'll be on the hop again this December on my Conquest cruise (solo of course and coincidentally one year exactly from my 1st hop).:D:cool:

Do it! You won't regret it! I "hopped" this past December as a solo on the Valor. We only had 13 total in the van, three of us were from the Valor (each of us solos). It's an absolute blast!!!!! I'll be on the hop again this December on my Conquest cruise (solo of course and coincidentally one year exactly from my 1st hop).:D:cool:

Thanks so much for the reply! I really want to do this and I am sure I will regret it if I don't. My goal for this trip is to do what i want when I want and to come home having no regrets lol

So I assume there was no problems getting back to the ship on time etc??

Thanks so much for the reply! I really want to do this and I am sure I will regret it if I don't. My goal for this trip is to do what i want when I want and to come home having no regrets lol

So I assume there was no problems getting back to the ship on time etc??

No problem getting back to the ship on time. These guys make their money from cruise passengers, so if they have a reputation for getting back late, they'd be out of business pretty quick.

The best part of solo cruising is being able to do what you want, when you want, without having to run it by anyone else. Have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I just did the Cozumel Bar Hop when I was solo on the Carnival Glory two weeks ago. The group was 41 people and I was the only solo person there. The group was a mix of women friends, couples, mother & daughters, father and daughter. Everyone I met was very friendly and everyone complemented me on taking the trip on my own. I ended up hanging out with four women traveling together during the tour and I had a blast. You won't regret it.

Just remember that you are there to have fun and relax. Who cares why you are alone.

Think I forgot to address some things.

logic tells me that it's not such a good idea to go on a "bar hopping" tour in a foreign country as a solo lol.

This is one tour where you can logically think about it this way. The tour is very well organized. You may be solo but you won't be alone. The guides are very friendly, were with us the whole time, and came around to let us know how much time was left at each stop, when it was time to go, and if we needed anything they were near by. Plus, remember people on vacation are usually friendlier than in regular life. You should not have trouble making new friends and have someone to hang out with from the tour at the different stops. I went solo and shared a table with different people. Be social and mingle. I was the popular one since I was by myself and people were asking me to join them. I felt completely safe.

Just don't want to end up missing my ship or something crazy lol

They will drop you off at the pier at the end of the tour. The only way you'll miss your ship is if you get totally wasted after you get off the bus you fall asleep somewhere. I don't think you're going to get that wasted are you?

Also it doesn't sound like an absolute "drink till you fall over" type excursion either. I have noticed from my roll call that there is a large group from my ship doing the "bar hop" that day, so I would be just one of many headed back to mariner of the seas after the tour.

The drinks are big and strong. I only had 1 drink at each stop, except maybe one stop I had 2. No one was wasted in the group of 41. It's about experiencing a different side of the island away from the hustle and buzzle of the tourist side. Good food and drinks. There were some ladies in the group that had been on the tour several times.

Any thoughts???

You can do it!!!! :D Let others in your roll call know you are doing the tour. Meet up early in the cruise to say hello with some of them.

Think I forgot to address some things.

You can do it!!!! :D Let others in your roll call know you are doing the tour. Meet up early in the cruise to say hello with some of them.

thanks for all the info. I leave saturday and am totally looking forward to the hop in cozumel. Have joined my roll call and everyone seems to be VERY excited about the bar hop lol

Archived