50lbs before is cruise oct 13

cruisingfor5

Hi there all-

Today is the day. I'm looking to loose 50 lbs by the time we cruise, and KEEP IT OFF. I'm not doing it to be called "skinny", or "prettier",, we are all beautiful! I'm doing it for health and to feel better about myself . I don't know if this is possible in the amount of time I have,(is it)??? but want to try my best. I'm going to be doing exercise and meal replacement shakes, as well as portion control and healthy eating.

Positive thoughts... Send my way!!! I need it. :)

Welcome. My best and most positive thoughts are headed your way. I took a break from my diet but I will restart it again soon. However, I going to a wedding this month and want to be free to enjoy. However, there are something's fr my diet that I will be restarting tomorrow. That is drinking half my body weight in oz. , no coffee ( being off it for so long I don't enjoy it like I once did, eat within thirty mins. After waking up, eating five times a day and stay away from sugar.

Sending positive thoughts to all! I am inspired by your successes. I am cruising October 27, 2013 and want to start loosing weight. I have quite a bit to loose, but am setting a goal of 30 lbs. I think that is doable in 5 months. I am going out now to buy myself a Mother's day gift of cross trainers so I can get out there and walk. :)

MEL

Hi All :)

I started (again) a weight loss plan before my December cruise yesterday. I wish I had known about this thread all along! I would love to join in.

The very first post hooked me because it sounded EXACTLY like something I have said myself.

I've been trying to use MyFitnessPal just to record my calories, but also started writing them down in a physical copy because for some reason it makes me feel like I've accomplished something haha.

Yesterday I decided to get back into it full force, I'd lost some of my cruise oomph for a while there when I thought my best friend wasn't going to be able to go with me - but hooray she is back in!

No specific goal before December, 30-40 lbs would be fine with me as I plan to keep going after that anyway

So yesterday I did a short beginner (10 min. of it) Zumba class, about 30 minutes of floor work, 45 min. @ 2.0 mph on the treadmill while I waited for laundry to be done, then 20 min. moderate effort on the stationary bike (about 5 miles) I plan on doing some variations of this at least 4 times a week.

Now here is where my tricky part comes in, I am currently living in hotels travelling on the road with my fiancé for his job. Mostly fitness centers within the hotels are not hard to come by, what IS hard to come by on the road is HEALTHY EATING... any suggestions??

Wow that is a hard one. Cooking healthy meals in a hotel is hard. The first thing that pop to my mind is crockpot meals, you might be able to buy a small crockpot for about $20, but not sure about hotel policies. Google crockpot meal under 500 cal and see if you like something. When eating outside order salads and bring your own dressing, no fat/no sugar. Always carry healthy snacks in your purse like almonds and fruits.

Overall don't stress and just do your best.

Good luck!

Wow that is a hard one. Cooking healthy meals in a hotel is hard. The first thing that pop to my mind is crockpot meals, you might be able to buy a small crockpot for about $20, but not sure about hotel policies. Google crockpot meal under 500 cal and see if you like something. When eating outside order salads and bring your own dressing, no fat/no sugar. Always carry healthy snacks in your purse like almonds and fruits.

Overall don't stress and just do your best.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!

We have one of those NuWave Precision Induction Cooktops, and I do carry along my Magic Bullet Blender (Although the cup I brought is cracked at the moment and we won't be going home again until July :( ) Try as we might to cook healthy a lot of the time we don't even have a fridge in the room! I do make fairly good choices when we go out to eat (T.G.I Friday's Dragonfire Chicken is my fave) and with all the extra calories I'm burning by actually working out I don't seem to be having too much trouble staying within limits. I guess we shall see soon enough!

• 2 weeks later...

May I join as well. I cruise at the end of Oct and would like to wear a normal Halloween costume not something that covers me up completely :)

I would like to also lose about 50 pds. I am starting tomorrow with diet and exercise. I am very active, I do marathons, half marathons etc I just have horrible eating habits so I hope if I clean up my eating the weight should come off.

Congrats to you all who have already lost weight!!!

195.6 is my starting weight.

I just did a 4.58M run and will soon be off to hot yoga. This afternoon will be shopping for some fruits and veggies and pre-cooking my weeks worth of chicken.

I am so ready for these changes to happen!!!

Have a great day everyone...get out there and get moving!!!

195.6 is my starting weight.

I just did a 4.58M run and will soon be off to hot yoga. This afternoon will be shopping for some fruits and veggies and pre-cooking my weeks worth of chicken.

I am so ready for these changes to happen!!!

Have a great day everyone...get out there and get moving!!!

Great job. I need to get back on the ball.

Doing pretty good here, did a 75 min hot yoga class last night it was awesome!!!!

This morning I did 2.15M on my treadmill not very long but that is what my training plan called for.

I did have a can of pop and piece of blueberry pie yesterday but everything else was good.

How is everyone doing?

Good Morning :)

We travelled yesterday, 4 hours in the truck one stop at a Love's Travel Stop and then we got to the hotel. Closest food was Mexican or Arby's.

I did surprisingly well I think, Picked up a fruit cup and Special K Protein bar at Love's and a Monster Rehab (I can't help myself they wake me right up and taste like Arnold Palmers) then after we got situated in the hotel we went to Arby's where I got a Farmhouse Salad I think it was called?

Plan on doing my workout later once I find the fitness center, and possibly a swim if there aren't too many critters floating in the pool with me!

Hey everybody! I'm sailing on Enchantment on Oct. 14th!

I'd love to join in with you guys, but I think my goal will be 20 lbs. (~1lb/week left!) I don't normally pay much attention, but since it's the first cruise with the kids, I want to not hate my pictures of all of us together. :rolleyes:

I've already lost 50lbs. But still have more I want to lose.

I've done low to no carb eating.

I started doing p90x & couch to 5k.

I then started adding Les Mills Combat as my cardio, but used p90x as my strength training.

I've finished p90x & I'm now doing Les Mills Pump & Les Mills Combat.

I also finished the couch to 5k & now am doing couch to 10k, increasing my speed.

Here is a sort of before & after. Like I said, I still have more I need to lose, but I'm happy I've gotten this far.

My tips:

Stick with it, as much as you want to skip a day or stop, keep going. You have to be just as mentally tough.

Do what makes you feel successful. I never did anything that made me feel like a failure, I modified, modified, modified. I worked my way up to difficult moves or tough exercises, I didn't go all out at first.

Make small goals. Honestly, I never thought of losing 50lbs @ first. I just started & was happy with whatever I saw on the scale.

Keep it up everyone.

Btw, I live in Fl. I was trying on a jacket for my Alaskan cruise in 2.5 weeks. ;)

1615141431_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1369911807.038161.jpg.6b83ce604d6e24c4000e32c61813b019.jpg

Thank you for sharing and posting your experience.

Your transformation is awesome!!!!! Congrats to you!!! Doesn't look like you have much more to lose.

Thanks. I'm 230 now. I'd still like to lose another 50. But I'm in no hurry. I'd like to lose another 10 by the cruise. Small goals. :)

Thanks. I'm 230 now. I'd still like to lose another 50. But I'm in no hurry. I'd like to lose another 10 by the cruise. Small goals. :)

Great job! I like your attitude about the whole thing!!!

Great job!

I have been on and off my plan but glad to hear every ones success. It helps me get motivated.

I love making smoothies for on the go with my magic bullet also. Mix it up and you will never get bored. It also helps to keep healthy snacks that don't need a fridge on hand so you won't be starving when it is time to eat on the road. Then you will be more likely to make a good decision if your at a restaurant rather than eating what you are craving because your so hungry. I have a great app on my phone for restaurants and it is good for most weight loss plans. It offers WW points, calories, fat, protein, carbs, fiber and more for most meals at many restaurants in North America. I live in Canada and some restaurants are not on there but it has helped me on the road or a last minute dinner out. It isn't free though :( Not much to buy. I think it was $3 but it was over a year ago I got it. It says restaurants on it and it is blue, white and gray with a calculator on the left and a plate with fork and knife on the right. Hope that helps people to find it. I believe when I got it I was on WW so I think I typed WW points for restaurants under search to find it.

I tried a new smoothie this morning that was interesting and surprisingly good. You take 1c of almond milk and a 1/2c of oats( not quick cook) and let it soak over night. 1/2 green apple, 1/2 pear, tbsp raisins, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds and cinnamon to your taste. Blend until smooth. It was thicker than what I usually have but I love all the ingredients so the taste was good. I actually put all of mine in my magic bullet glass last night so I could just pop it on the blender this morning. If you do this just make sure the almond milk and oats are together on the bottom so it can soak over night. I am sure you could use other milks but I don't drink cows milk so my favorite is almond.

I will try and be good and come on here more. It does help to chat with everyone on here.

I need to get my head into this weight loss goal. I want to go on a trip with my family and feel ok about how I look for once instead of trying to cover up and hide. 31 weeks until we go so this goal is very doable. Anyone else cruising around the same time wanting to lose weight? :eek:

What ship, because we are cruising oct, 13 too!

Also trying to loose for cruise:cool:

Archived