Gem, out of the unusual

judyf

Looking for unusual tips on the Gem. Things to do, unuusual places to eat, do not miss stuff for the Gem. Any tips welcomed.

Haven't cruised in 3 years! so need to refresh my memory, we are Also platInum this cruise!

Thanks

The Gem is one of my favorite ships. We were on her again this last January. One dining tip is with Platinum you are entitled to two free dinners in Le Bistro. If you want to try a different restaurant NCL will allow you to exchange those two meals with any restaurant up to a $20.00 value. I highly recommend Moderno the Brazilian style (Churrascaria) Steak house. If you and your traveling partner are both Platinum I would recommend one night at Le Bistro and the other night at Moderno. Have a great cruise.

Congratulations on the Platinum status! I have not been on the Gem in two year bu I just booked another one! As far as restaurants, my personal favorite was the Italian restaurant, I think it was called La Cucina. It was fantastic! We ate there 3 times our last cruise :D Le Bistro was pretty good too. A lot of people like the Teppanyaki, where they cook on the grill right in front of you, but it fills up very fast so make reservations early. If you like to have a few cocktails I liked the Bali Hai bar which is just above the main pools, the staff that was there were a lot of fun, and they had a lot of fun with the guests. I don't know if it's still like that, I hope so! Another cool place is the Bliss Ultra Lounge on deck 7, we didn't check this out until the last day of our cruise but it was very cool atmosphere, there were alcoves with beds In them that you could sit in and relax and drink and visit with friends, that is also where the bowling alleys are. I hope this helps a little, i know, a lot of my recommendations have to do with drinking! LOL!

You have Sinan, the best CD in the NCL fleet. He runs great dance parties in the Spinnaker Lounge from 10:30 pm on. If you like to dance, this will be your cruise week. He is a ball of high energy and is very funny. Watch him lead the Happy Couples game. And after a hard nite of dancing, go to the Blue Lagoon for great chicken wings, a burger, Mac and cheese, or a chocolate nut brownie sundae or great strawberry cheese cake. Don't forget the White Hot party and listen to the varied live music entertainment in the atrium and the bars. It is all there but you got to look carefully at your Free Style Daily for the times and locations. Remember, the informed cruiser gets the great cruise.

Another cool place is the Bliss Ultra Lounge on deck 7, we didn't check this out until the last day of our cruise but it was very cool atmosphere, there were alcoves with beds In them that you could sit in and relax and drink and visit with friends, that is also where the bowling alleys are.

Ditto that.

Someone on CC told me me the Gem had lots of cool places to sit and hang out in, and they were right. Besides the Bliss lounge that Sorin told you about, also check out the cool seating in the Spinnaker lounge forward, as well as the outdoor circular loungers for two, on the very top deck forward.

Ditto that.

Someone on CC told me me the Gem had lots of cool places to sit and hang out in, and they were right. Besides the Bliss lounge that Sorin told you about, also check out the cool seating in the Spinnaker lounge forward, as well as the outdoor circular loungers for two, on the very top deck forward.

Ooh, forgot about the Spinnaker! Definitely check that out, very cool, great views from the front of the ship!

You also get a Behind the Scenes Tour of the Ship which lasts an hour.

The $55 that they sell to everyone else runs for 2-1/2 hours, is tiring as one stands for that whole time and is TMI so this one is perfect. Out of the 2 dinners, definitely make one at Le Bistro.

You also get a Behind the Scenes Tour of the Ship which lasts an hour.

The $55 that they sell to everyone else runs for 2-1/2 hours, is tiring as one stands for that whole time and is TMI so this one is perfect. Out of the 2 dinners, definitely make one at Le Bistro.

Rhea, are you referring to a behind the scenes tour arranged through the Meet & Greet? On our sailing our M&G organizer was able to arrange one that lasted about 45 minutes, and it was great! :)

OP, it's definitely a good idea to attend your M&G, you also get to meet the Gem's officers. On our sailing I found the hotel director and his staff very responsive. You can sign up on your sailing's roll call.

@dwjoe: No, Not thru the Meet & Greet as on my Gem sailing it is

only for higher level folks or $55

@jdvmd: I had a choice & I was told it was an hr tour for platinum or for $55 it was 2-1/2 hrs. I chose the later & wish I hadn't as it was too long.

@dwjoe: No, Not thru the Meet & Greet as on my Gem sailing it is

only for higher level folks or $55

@jdvmd: I had a choice & I was told it was an hr tour for platinum or for $55 it was 2-1/2 hrs. I chose the later & wish I hadn't as it was too long.

I am Platinum and our Behind the Scene tour for Platinums was nearly three hours. We left during the bridge portion as we were going to be late for our Latitudes party. This was on the Dawn this past July.

Great tips, keep them coming.

I am signed up for meet and greet, plan to do the behind the scenes tour, having dinner in Le Bistro. will check out the other locations!

Archived