Christmas cruise from Ft. Lauderdale? Weather? Kids?

lawgirl

Hello. Currently we are booked on RCI Jewel over Christmas leaving from San Juan. (We love Radiance class ships). Thinking of changing to X Equinox over Christmas leaving from Ft. lauderdale. There are 2 sea days at beginning and then two at end of cruise. Anyone take a late December cruise from Florida? Wondering if it is cold? Sea days for us mean pool days, so before we change, thought I'd ask.

Also open to opinions on whether X would have less children.... I know it's Christmas and there will be kids! We like Jewel and haven't been on Solstice class yet.... will be in six weeks! Thanks!

Hello. Currently we are booked on RCI Jewel over Christmas leaving from San Juan. (We love Radiance class ships). Thinking of changing to X Equinox over Christmas leaving from Ft. lauderdale. There are 2 sea days at beginning and then two at end of cruise. Anyone take a late December cruise from Florida? Wondering if it is cold? Sea days for us mean pool days, so before we change, thought I'd ask.

Also open to opinions on whether X would have less children.... I know it's Christmas and there will be kids! We like Jewel and haven't been on Solstice class yet.... will be in six weeks! Thanks!

Florida winter weather is very unpredictable. It could possibly be in the 80s and then again it can be in the 50s. However, I wouldn't worry about Ft. Lauderdale per se. Even if it's cold the day you sail, you will certainly be in warm weather the next morning.

As far as kids, is this a 10 day sailing? If so, there should be sigificantly fewer children. Even if it's just 7 days, there probably will be fewer on Celebrity vs RCI.

That is the same cruise we are thinking of doing.... How was the weather? Warm out of Florida? Was the ship overcrowded with kids? We don't mind kids, but we have been on a Thanksgiving cruise with 1500 kids and it was a bit much. Thanks!

That is the same cruise we are thinking of doing.... How was the weather? Warm out of Florida? Was the ship overcrowded with kids? We don't mind kids, but we have been on a Thanksgiving cruise with 1500 kids and it was a bit much. Thanks!

Yhe weather was nice; and, the children were just fine. As a matter of fact, I recall chatting with a couple of them at the Elite breakfast.

Yhe weather was nice; and, the children were just fine. As a matter of fact, I recall chatting with a couple of them at the Elite breakfast.

We did this past Christmas on a 14 night on Eclipse.

There were children on board, but the best behaved type! They really made Christmas special.

My thoughts exactly! We sailed the Equinox this past December, the 10 night itinerary. If memory serves, there were about 400 children aboard. They were great, no problems with them whatsoever. Formal night was especially memorable on this cruise with all the families dressed up. There's something so precious about little kiddies dolled up for the holidays! As to the weather, it started out cool. We didn't have much of a turnout for the sailaway at the Sunset Bar because everyone was freezing. :eek: It warmed up quite nicely though as we got further south. Swam everywhere; shorts and tees everywhere. It was such a treat for us.

Archived