Disembarkation Civitavecchia - booking transport

hawkers

We are sailing on Reflection in September (Eastern Mediterranean) and would like to book transfers from our Rome accommodation in advance.

Going to the port is not a problem as we can decide when to leave but I'm wondering about a pickup back to our hotel in Rome. Is there a suggested time to avoid not being off when a transfer is booked. Or conversely disembarking and then having to wait a long time. I would like to find a happy medium.

I'm thinking maybe 9.30 but hoping this is not too late. The ship is expected to dock at 5am.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

(I also posed this question on the Celebrity main board- hope that's ok)

progress.gif

You might want to repost this on the Ports Italy board where you will get lots of opinions. But based on our experience (we have been in and out of Civitavecchia about 20 times) most ships dock pretty early. The authorities are no nonsense and generally clear the ship within 20 min of docking. Those that do express debarkation are often off the ship very early (by 6am). If you let the cruise line have your luggage things will be a bit slower but most are off the ship by 9 (unless they want to delay). 9:30 would be fine for a transfer but 9 would also work. There really are no nice facilities at the piers so you do not want to get off the ship too early (if meeting a transfer) and have to wait around in the barren facility. On our most recent debarkation at this port (last November) we were on the Silhouette and scheduled our transfer (we were going directly to the airport) at 7:15. We easily were off the ship that early and we had the cruise line handle our luggage.

Hank

Thanks Hank for the info but another question please. I thought I had posted on the Ports Italy board :( Can you tell me how to find the section you have suggested please?

Gail

LOL. My mistake (surely not the first). It occurs to me that everything looks different late at night.

Hank

Archived