Lost camera...reward!!!

Breezy72

I lost my camera while in Nassau this past Saturday (March 9th). It was either in a ladies bathroom near port or in a white van. I can give description of the camera and details of the pictures/videos on the camera.

Our entire vacation was on that camera and I'm just beside myself with sadness over losing all those memories. :(

Please, If you know of my camera's whereabouts or have it in your possession, I am willing to pay a very nice $$$ reward for it's return.

It's definitely a long shot, but I hope you find it! I had a camera stolen on a cruise once. Thankfully my smallest memory card was in it at the time, so I didn't lose too many pictures.

Not that this helps you now, but in the future I'd consider using several smaller memory cards instead of one (which I started doing a better job of after my camera got stolen). Not only do you protect yourself from loss/theft in that you don't lose everything, but you protect yourself from a card malfunction as well.

I have a 32gb card I use when taking videos, but the rest of the time I use mainly only 8gb cards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I lost my camera on our last cruise too. So I feel for you.

There is a website called "lost cameras" or something like that where you can post your information.

I never did get mine back. :(

If you had cruise insurance, you can submit a lost item claim. My insurance reimbursed me for the price I paid for the camera. (I would have rather had the pictures, though.)

Maggie

I'm not sure if this would help if you lost it off the ship, but a saw a suggestion recently to take a picture of your Sail & Sign card so that if it is lost on the ship they would have a way to find the owner.

Just a thought for the future....

Happy Cruising!

I lost my camera while in Nassau this past Saturday (March 9th). It was either in a ladies bathroom near port or in a white van. I can give description of the camera and details of the pictures/videos on the camera.

Our entire vacation was on that camera and I'm just beside myself with sadness over losing all those memories. :(

Please, If you know of my camera's whereabouts or have it in your possession, I am willing to pay a very nice $$$ reward for it's return.

UGGG so sorry to hear that, I lost ours too!! But I am positive I left mine in our cabin, called carnival they said it would take at least 3 weeks :( we did a b2b and after the first leg i changed out the memory card so at least i have some of the pictures.

One thing we do that might help (at least get the memory card back) we take a picture of a paper with our name and mailing address on every memory card we own.

Fingers crossed for the both of us!!

I'm not sure if this would help if you lost it off the ship, but a saw a suggestion recently to take a picture of your Sail & Sign card so that if it is lost on the ship they would have a way to find the owner.

Just a thought for the future....

Happy Cruising!

Smart!!! We'll be doing that. Our last vacation we got a card reader attachment for our iPad and at the end of each day we'd copy all our pics onto the iPad. The hope was that if we ended up losing our camera we'd only lose 1 day of photos. And on a land vacation, every time we were on wi-fi our iPad would backup the pics to our PhotoStream.

OP: So sorry for you, hope you get it back. Fingers crossed!

Th very first picture in my camera's are my name, address, cell phone, email and then I will put the name of the ship and cabin #. In hopes that an honest person who finds it will be kind enough to return it.

Cathy

Th very first picture in my camera's are my name, address, cell phone, email and then I will put the name of the ship and cabin #. In hopes that an honest person who finds it will be kind enough to return it.

Cathy

Thats a great suggestion!! will start doing it, thank you!

OP I hope if anyone finds your camera they be nice enough to figure out how to return it back to you. Good luck!

This won't help OP, but the very first picture on my SD card (locked, so I can't delete it by accident) is a picture of an index card where I wrote:

"This camera belongs to...

If found, please call...

If stolen, please at least mail memory card to:..."

If I lose it, I'd hope that some nice person would call my cell number.

If it were to get stolen, I really hope that giving the address would provoke them to think twice, and at least send me my pictures. (one can hope!)

Archived