Best Jet Ski Tour?

queenfinch

Hello all!

My boyfriend and I will be sailing this May, and we're trying to figure out the best jet ski tour. Preferably, it would involve sting rays and snorkling, and plenty of time on the jet skis. What do you recommend? Any to avoid?

Definitely go with Fat Fish Adventures. Peter is excellent and they're rated #1 by locals. Many locals we met while staying on GCM took their excursion more than once and the concierge in our hotel also recommended them. That was one of our best excursions ever.

We took their last one of the day at 1PM I think because for the same price it lasts longer and you have time for a great lunch at Rum Point and a stop at Starfish Point on top of the reef and stingray stops. But contact Peter and see what he recommends for your time in port.

You will have an excellent day on the water! ;)

The best excursion we ever did anywhere is Fat Fish Adventures Jet Ski to Stingray City. It is awesome, very small groups ours was just 9 of us, great people. If you have never done Stingray City it in itself is must do but combine with a 10 mile Jet Ski ride across crystal clear ocean waters and you can beat it. They let you enjoy the ride too none of this single file stuff. They park a little away from the crowds at Stingray City so you have your own space and hit a snorkeling spot on the way back. We even had an encounter with a dolphin! It was amazing I cannot recommend it enough

And another big difference between FFA and the larger operators is you have a more personalized experience with the stingrays (ESP frisbee) and the starfish. You are free to open the jet skis up and play as much as you want. Just cannot recommend Peter and the others enough. You ride to Prospect and leave through the mangroves before making the run to the reef and stingray sandbar. We also stopped at Kaibo for a bit.

Again, if you can take the last tour of the day you get more time for the same price, and if you have lunch at Rum Point the BLT grouper sandwich is excellent and their mudslide is famous. If you can't take the last tour that's ok, you will have a great day.

The Fat Fish website doesn't have any prices. Can anyone give me an idea of what we might expect to pay for the Jet ski tour?

We have my husband and I, my 19-yr-old son and his 21-yr-old girlfriend, and our 16-year-old daughter and her 16-year-old friend. Is it 2 per jet ski?

I did the Jet Ski Snorkel Safari with Ebanks several years ago. I had originally booked their Stingray City and Snorkel tour, but due to high winds from the north the day I was there, all Stingray City tours were cancelled. Nevertheless, I had a great time. :D

Now that I'm going back :D, I want to go to Stingray City and am considering both Ebanks and Fat Fish. Here's what I've learned:

Ebanks' JetSKi Stingray City and Snorkel tour is offered at 830, 1030, 1230, and 230 daily for 2 1/2 hours, of which 2 hours are on the water, and of which 1 hour is on the Jet Ski and the other hour is at Stingray City or snorkeling. Maximum of 5 Jet Skis per tour. Cost is $125 for a single, $175 for a double, and $200 for a triple. On Tripadvisor they get 258 "excellent" and 27 "very good" ratings. Ebanks asks for a credit card number when you book but doesn't charge it until the day of the tour. Ebanks can be booked on their web site.

Fat Fish also offers a 2 1/2 hour tour. Unlike Ebanks, they provide additional information by email, rather than on their web site. I contacted them and received a prompt reply. Their tours are offered at 0800 and 1030. In addition to the stops at Stingray City and a stop for snorkeling along the reef, they also include a tour through the mangroves. Costs are identical to Ebanks: $125 single, $175 double, $200 triple. Tripadvisor gives them 611 "excellent" and 7 "very good" ratings. Fat Fish asks for a 20% deposit with booking. Booking requires an email or phone call.

Tripadvisor ranks Ebanks #4 of 45 in George Town and Fat Fish #9 of 142 activities in Grand Cayman so there is no direct comparison. :confused:

My ship is scheduled to be at Grand Cayman from 8am to 4pm so the early tour from Fat Fish is out of the questions, as is the latest tour from Ebanks. I'd like to be at Stingray city when it is (slightly?) less crowded with the large group tours.

I'm still deciding which one to d. Maybe I should flip a coin? :confused:

You certainly delved into the research! :p

We took the afternoon (1PM) tour from FFA that added another 1.5 hrs, your port times don't allow that of course. That's a popular time for land-based visitors because it is not busy in case you or anyone else reading this thread ever spend time on GCM.

I would definitely choose the FFA time that works for you. From the locals who have used them multiple times to the hotel concierages who receive feedback from guests who report back to our one experience last Sept we agreed they are one of a kind. We were looking at the other bigger operators that advertise heavily and week's so happy we chose FFA!

Archived