Comedy club jokes

Boston Bill

All of the adult shows start with the MC stating that these shows are for those who are over 18, and that some of the material heard may be of the "spicy" variety. It is up to the audience to determine if they are offended by this or not.

And those statements convince all the 16 and 17 year olds that they want to be right there for the show. If you forbid them, that is the place they want to be.

My kids think it is pretty cool that I went to high school with one of the raunchier comics out there right now. the funny part is it was a Catholic High School. *LOL*

She was nothing like the way she is today back then, but she was in all the class plays and productions , and for a high school kid she got on stage like an old pro and took over the show . So you knew she was headed for something in the entertainment world.

A few years back she did a club date around here and my son and i went to see her. Nothing , and I mean nothing was sacred ...:)

After the show we went to talk with her . I was surprised she remembered me , We didn't really hang out in the same circles in high school, and it was (Dear God) 30 years ago. But we laughed and had a nice chat.

She said she wished she knew I was in the audience , she would have called me up when she was talking about High School in her act.

*LOL* Oh Yeah, that would have been fun *LOL*

My kids think it is pretty cool that I went to high school with one of the raunchier comics out there right now. the funny part is it was a Catholic High School. *LOL*

She was nothing like the way she is today back then, but she was in all the class plays and productions , and for a high school kid she got on stage like an old pro and took over the show . So you knew she was headed for something in the entertainment world.

A few years back she did a club date around here and my son and i went to see her. Nothing , and I mean nothing was sacred ...:)

After the show we went to talk with her . I was surprised she remembered me , We didn't really hang out in the same circles in high school, and it was (Dear God) 30 years ago. But we laughed and had a nice chat.

She said she wished she knew I was in the audience , she would have called me up when she was talking about High School in her act.

*LOL* Oh Yeah, that would have been fun *LOL*

Was it Kathy???? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the freedom last summer we had 2 of the funniest guys we had ever heard. Surprisingly, neither of the 2 used the f-bomb frequently. They did however, use current events and cultures to make people laugh. (Content vs Curse words.)

One of the guys just got back from Afghanistan and he was quite politically incorrect with his jokes---very funny. The other guy was African American and oh man.....he made EVERYONE laugh about their own color and culture!! Asian, African American, caucasian, and Native American. LOVED it!

A couple of the others used a lot of curse words but no one really thought they were as funny as the first two!!!

It is the luck of the draw for sure!!

Worst comic we have heard onboard was one who, for the adult show, basically recycled the family show with some of George Carlin's "7 words you can't say on TV."

(Do not open link if you do not want to hear those words.)

Much prefer raunchy, not dirty word, comics. Mom says the raunchiest, dirtiest one she ever heard was Jerry Lewis in Vegas.

Next week it's three generations going to see the Adult show on the Inspiration- Mom, Sis, myself and DD19. I figure DD has heard much worse in her dorm. I know she's seen much worse in her dorm.:eek:

If adult subjects (sex, drugs, non-pc) or those 7 words make you uncomfortable do not go to the adult comedy.

If a comedian performed really funny but clean material, would there be people who would be offended because the material didn't contain enough profanity or sex?

Would there be people who felt the need to walk out of a show because it wasn't vulgar enough?

Of course not, so why not hire some intelligent comedians who don't have to resort to vulgarity for their laughs?

Some of the funniest shows I've seen have been clean-----but hilarious---- and definitely aimed toward adults. It. Can. Be. Done.

Why bother offending so many with profanity and vulgarity, when ALL could be entertained without it. As it is, we are left to go to the Family Friendly show early with a bunch of kids (who the comedians seem to think are best entertained by fart jokes) and no suitable late-night entertainment with adults.

If a comedian performed really funny but clean material, would there be people who would be offended because the material didn't contain enough profanity or sex?

Would there be people who felt the need to walk out of a show because it wasn't vulgar enough?

Of course not, so why not hire some intelligent comedians who don't have to resort to vulgarity for their laughs?

Some of the funniest shows I've seen have been clean-----but hilarious---- and definitely aimed toward adults. It. Can. Be. Done.

Why bother offending so many with profanity and vulgarity, when ALL could be entertained without it. As it is, we are left to go to the Family Friendly show early with a bunch of kids (who the comedians seem to think are best entertained by fart jokes) and no suitable late-night entertainment with adults.

Generally I agree with you. Nothing wrong with a curse word here and there but basing your entire act on them and sex is just a sign of lack of talent.

I was reading this John Heald guys page about the comedy club and the 300 comments there, he certainly has a following. What I could not find was just how X rated these jokes are. I am taking my first Carnival Cruise in a few months and my 19 year old daughter will be coming with us. Will I be embarrassed if she is sitting with me at some of the content of the comedians will perform. Is this like an HBO comedy special. Sorry for all the questions but I am a newbie

If they are that raunchy they will warn you. Thats been my experience.

I'd have to agree that the "family" comedy shows are PG-13. There were some younger (8 - 10 years old) kids at the "family" comedy show we went to and I was a little uncomfortable about what they were hearing. Based on their facial expressions, I think a lot of the jokes went over their heads, thank goodness. While the language was not inappropriate for kids, some of the content was.

Archived