Independence- March 2 sailing- Some thoughts

Thanks for your thoughts on the Indy :) Glad to see that overall you had a great cruise. I especially liked that you had a sense of peace at the end of your vacation - isn't that what it's all about?

I too wondered if you had a cave experience on this cruise, but apparently you did not. Perhaps you will consider a cruise that visits cave laden destinations when you are planning your next vacation :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder which ship might provide me with such an itinerary???

And now my day is complete..... a double eye roll from you!:p

There was no parade on the Royal Promenade all week and this is the first ship that I have been on with a Promenade that had no parade. There was also no late night pool side buffet this week. I offer that as an observation. I really could not care whether they had one or not.

Strange, when I was on the 6-night cruise on Indy last month there were two parades -- an Olympus Rocks parade on the first night and a Mad Hatter's Ball parade on the 3rd night.

We too were on this sailing. I definitely agree with the comments about the missing logo shop. I collect ship refrigerator magnets and this is the first ship out of 12 that didn't have any, they didn't carry any of the usual collectables.

When I was on Indy last month they did have refrigerator magnets that were a small model of the ship in the Gift Box shop. I have one on my fridge right now.

I did find the store selection odd though. I don't think a guide to british birds would help me much in the Caribbean. There were a few generic looking hats that said "West Caribbean" on them, but that was about it. "The Gift Box" sign was just a vinyl banner taped in place:

IMAG0937_zpsb966dfd0.jpg

P1070540_zpsa283428a.jpg

P1070536_zps32e9a364.jpg

P1070372_zps17053fa1.jpg

IMAG0935_zpsb7fc1ed2.jpg

Here are the cigarettes with EU-style warning labels:

IMAG0932_zpsc2c86279.jpg

Ohh I was hoping we were cruising together again but it looks like our time on the indy is the week before yours! Bummer!

Oh.....I am sorry we will mss you! Make sure you bring her back to port in one piece! Hope to see you on another cruise soon, though!

I wonder which ship might provide me with such an itinerary???

And now my day is complete..... a double eye roll from you!:p

Hmmm.....I think I know just the ship! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: <------ There's a triple to really make your day!!!!

Strange, when I was on the 6-night cruise on Indy last month there were two parades -- an Olympus Rocks parade on the first night and a Mad Hatter's Ball parade on the 3rd night.

When I was on Indy last month they did have refrigerator magnets that were a small model of the ship in the Gift Box shop. I have one on my fridge right now.

I did find the store selection odd though. I don't think a guide to british birds would help me much in the Caribbean. There were a few generic looking hats that said "West Caribbean" on them, but that was about it. "The Gift Box" sign was just a vinyl banner taped in place:

I have no clue what clotted cream biscuits are. In my little world the only thing that clots is blood. And if these cans have been sitting on the shelves since Indy came over from the UK then I can only imagine what is actually inside.:eek::rolleyes:

I have no clue what clotted cream biscuits are. In my little world the only thing that clots is blood. And if these cans have been sitting on the shelves since Indy came over from the UK then I can only imagine what is actually inside.:eek::rolleyes:

Now THAT just woke me up!!! Thanks for the morning chuckle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not having been on the Independence but booked on the TA for April I thank you for your thoughts and insightful comments on your on board experience.

I hope that we get a cabin steward as great as yours !! Cannot understand the loss of the Logo shops I usually purchase ships shirts etc Ah well. Thank you again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotted_cream

Definitely came over with Indy from the UK, as did most of the store contents by the look of it! They'll have re-stocked it with US products just in time for the return trip! Then you'll get postings on here from very confused Brits about what all the stock in the shops is!

As for those biscuits, I have a feeling we bought some and they were nice! Shortbread biscuits made with clotted cream (see link above) to make them extra yummy...

Of course nothing beats a *real* Cornish or Devon cream tea... scone anyone?! :)

I can't comment on Indy's Logo Store, but I can definitely say that the Logo Store on the Adventure a few weeks ago was sad to pathetic. Like OB, I usually buy something in the store ship related , and the selection was very slim. They said restocking takes place every other week in St. Thomas, but I never saw a difference on our b2b. RCI either needs to fill up those shelves with relevant merchandise, or use that space for something else. Just my 2 cents! This is where I would roll my eyes, but I don't know if Tapatalk has emoticons!!!! LOL

I can't comment on Indy's Logo Store, but I can definitely say that the Logo Store on the Adventure a few weeks ago was sad to pathetic. Like OB, I usually buy something in the store ship related , and the selection was very slim. They said restocking takes place every other week in St. Thomas, but I never saw a difference on our b2b. RCI either needs to fill up those shelves with relevant merchandise, or use that space for something else. Just my 2 cents! This is where I would roll my eyes, but I don't know if Tapatalk has emoticons!!!! LOL

And the rolls would have been well deserved so I will add them for you....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

This thread brought back a great memory for me. My friends dad was from Ireland. He used to bake us fresh scones and serve them with clotted cream. When he passed some years ago, that wonderful treat left with him. Think I will call my friend and share my fond memory of his father with him!!! :)

I was on this sailing as well. Agree with your comments. I noticed that the MDR service was MUCH slower than any previous cruises. It seemed that they downstaffed, having only 1 asst. waiter per section. Our servers were warm & friendly although a bit stretched. It made me wonder if the downstaffing occured when the prepaid tips were added....

Archived