Fascination Cigar lounge

code_d

You can purchase cigars in the cigar bar, but you can no longer smoke there. They changed that in 2011 when they revamped their smoking policy. You can only smoke a cigar in the outdoor smoking sections or on your balcony if you book a balcony cabin.

That stinks! I always enjoyed my scotch and relax time in the cigar lounges. Always good service and not crowded. :(

Yep, it's BS. I didn't have a balcony room on my cruise on the Fascination, and since it was similar to the Inspiration or Imagination I thought it would allow smoking cigars in the bar in front of the rear comedy club, but they don't allow that. So the only place is on the decks, which leaves only the lido deck since it's somewhat shaded from the wind, but not entirely. So it's still difficult due to the wind and not very enjoyable to smoke a cigar there. :mad: I hope they start adding back at least one indoor cigar lounge to these ships.

I'm about to go on the Dream which is the same way apparently, only on decks or on balconies, but I have a Cloud 9 Spa balcony which doesn't allow smoking either. So no enjoyable cigar experience for me :(

That stinks! I always enjoyed my scotch and relax time in the cigar lounges. Always good service and not crowded. :(

My hubby was upset for the same reason. He was really looking forward to a scotch and a cigar while listening to music, but he ended up on our balcony trying to avoid the wind.

Yep, it's BS. I didn't have a balcony room on my cruise on the Fascination, and since it was similar to the Inspiration or Imagination I thought it would allow smoking cigars in the bar in front of the rear comedy club, but they don't allow that. So the only place is on the decks, which leaves only the lido deck since it's somewhat shaded from the wind, but not entirely. So it's still difficult due to the wind and not very enjoyable to smoke a cigar there. :mad: I hope they start adding back at least one indoor cigar lounge to these ships.

I'm about to go on the Dream which is the same way apparently, only on decks or on balconies, but I have a Cloud 9 Spa balcony which doesn't allow smoking either. So no enjoyable cigar experience for me :(

I can verify that at least the Spirit class ships have a smoking lounge with a bar and they often have live music. Hubby was able to enjoy his cigar with a double scotch and a live band when we were on the Legend. We've not been on a Dream class ship so I can't say whether they have an indoor place or not, but I hope you are able to find a place to enjoy your cigar!

• 4 months later...

I was just on the Carnival Fascination from 7/27/13 - 8/1/13, and the only place to smoke cigars was on the Lido deck. They did have a Mojitos and Cigars under the Stars one night, but it was also the same night as the Caribbean Deck Party. I applaud the effort, but had to make the suggestion to put the cigar event on a different night. Personally, I didn't mind smoking on the Lido. I barely noticed a breeze in the area where smoking is allowed, and I typically smoke out on the porch anyway.

You can purchase cigars in the cigar bar, but you can no longer smoke there. They changed that in 2011 when they revamped their smoking policy. You can only smoke a cigar in the outdoor smoking sections or on your balcony if you book a balcony cabin.

You can also purchase them and cigarettes at the starboard lido bar where smoking is allowed.

I was just on the Carnival Fascination from 7/27/13 - 8/1/13, and the only place to smoke cigars was on the Lido deck. They did have a Mojitos and Cigars under the Stars one night, but it was also the same night as the Caribbean Deck Party. I applaud the effort, but had to make the suggestion to put the cigar event on a different night. Personally, I didn't mind smoking on the Lido. I barely noticed a breeze in the area where smoking is allowed, and I typically smoke out on the porch anyway.

This is good to know. We're going on the Fascination next month (not in a balcony cabin) and I'm a back porch cigar smoker as well. I prefer to smoke them outdoors and I was hoping the wind wouldn't be much of an issue.

Archived