How early do you get to the port

dbd0512

My fiancee and I are taking a honeymoon cruise on the glory next month. They way our schedule worked out we are flying in on the day of the cruise. Our flight will land at MIA around 8:30. Is this to early to go to the port? What time do they start letting people in at the port.

Last year in New Orleans, we arrived at 10:30 a.m. and they didn't start boarding VIP until 11:45. We had to wait for awhile. However, I have heard lots of people say they were on board by 11:00-11:15. It just depends.

If your flight lands at 8:15, I would try to grab breakfast and spend some time before I went straight to the port. I believe some ports do have early check in locations, and with Miami being one of the more popular ports I am sure they do. Good luck!

I usually aim for 10:30 and have not had problems dropping bags and checking in. I have heard from others who tried to arrive much earlier that some ports may not allow drop off until most of the arriving passengers had cleared out. I don't recall if it was Miami or ft Lauderdale, but my sister and fam arrived to the port ariund 09:00 and were turned away from drop off area.

As suggested, stop for a bite of a leisurely breakfast and relax, start your vacation. If you go straight to the pier, you would have to wait until at least 10:30 to checkin and wait another hour or so before boarding.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

My fiancee and I are taking a honeymoon cruise on the glory next month. They way our schedule worked out we are flying in on the day of the cruise. Our flight will land at MIA around 8:30. Is this to early to go to the port? What time do they start letting people in at the port.

Typically, boarding doesn't start until about 10:45 - 11:00 a.m. A lot of it depends on what time the last of the disembarking passengers get off. The ship usually tries to have everyone off by 10:00 - 10:30. Occasionally, there may a last minute straggler that practically has to be dragged off kicking and screaming (like me :D). As others have suggested, since you get in at 8:30, take time for some breakfast before heading over to the port. Even if you don't get to the port until 9:30 or 10:00, you'll still be early enough.

The boarding time depends on how fast the crew can get the ship ready for the cruise that day. Things that can delay boarding, late arrival, or a customs problem. Most of the time you can use the 1100am-1130am boarding time for a 400pm departure.

Archived