Curacao Jewish Heritage Tour - Question

DaisyA

Hello all! I will be in Curacao next month on the NCL Sun and I would really like to do some sort of Jewish Heritage tour with my group (probably 7 would go), normally I would just book the NCL tour as it seems fairly comprehensive and not terribly expensive, but I'm taking my mom on this cruise and she has fairly serious breathing issues--such that a long walk as part of a group would be out of the question. She can take a walk just fine, she just needs to take breaks and probably would not be able to keep up with an organized group walk.

My question is, has anyone done the NCL Jewish Heritage tour, and if so, was there a lot of walking, any walking? The description on the website doesn't mention walking and it is classified as a "Level 1 - Low Activity" but I've been on a few classified the same that had a fair share of walking.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any feedback (or suggestions for alternatives)!

Hello all! I will be in Curacao next month on the NCL Sun and I would really like to do some sort of Jewish Heritage tour with my group (probably 7 would go), normally I would just book the NCL tour as it seems fairly comprehensive and not terribly expensive, but I'm taking my mom on this cruise and she has fairly serious breathing issues--such that a long walk as part of a group would be out of the question. She can take a walk just fine, she just needs to take breaks and probably would not be able to keep up with an organized group walk.

My question is, has anyone done the NCL Jewish Heritage tour, and if so, was there a lot of walking, any walking? The description on the website doesn't mention walking and it is classified as a "Level 1 - Low Activity" but I've been on a few classified the same that had a fair share of walking.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any feedback (or suggestions for alternatives)!

We did a private Jewish Heritage tour with Gigi Scheper March 6 and it was wonderful. Two in our group used canes and there was very little walking involved. The only challenging place was the cemetery where the area was uneven so some in the group remained at the gates. We parked right by the synagogue and the pace on the rest of the tour was great for those who needed a bit more time to walk. You can find my post under "What was your favorite thing to do in Curacao?" It is #13. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Gianna

Gianna,

Thank you so much for the reply, I read your post and it sounds like a wonderful tour--I appreciate the details about the walking as well. I'm especially glad to know that it is an interesting tour irrespective of one's personal religion as not everyone in my group is Jewish.

Thank you again!

Daisy

Gianna,

Thank you so much for the reply, I read your post and it sounds like a wonderful tour--I appreciate the details about the walking as well. I'm especially glad to know that it is an interesting tour irrespective of one's personal religion as not everyone in my group is Jewish.

Thank you again!

Daisy

You are welcome.

We did a private Jewish Heritage tour with Gigi Scheper March 6 and it was wonderful. Two in our group used canes and there was very little walking involved. The only challenging place was the cemetery where the area was uneven so some in the group remained at the gates. We parked right by the synagogue and the pace on the rest of the tour was great for those who needed a bit more time to walk. You can find my post under "What was your favorite thing to do in Curacao?" It is #13. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Gianna

We would like to have a tour with Gigi in April while cruising on Carnival but I am hvaing hard time reaching her via email. Can you suggest a better way to contact her ?

We would like to have a tour with Gigi in April while cruising on Carnival but I am hvaing hard time reaching her via email. Can you suggest a better way to contact her ?

I contacted her about 3 weeks before our tour and she responded quickly. I had read on the boards that she was sometimes slow to respond to her e-mail because she does not always know her schedule. Her e-mail is gigischeper@hotmail.com.

The phone number I have is +(5999) 697-0290. I don't have the country code. Hopefully you will be able to contact her. Her tours are wonderful.

Gianna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Gianna

hi to a fellow Marylander! can you tell me how long the tour is? we are in port from 2-11pm. not sure we will be able to cover it all if we are there later in the day. thanks