Transportation from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale

We have a 12:30 flight from Ft Lauderdale after our cruise on Explorer in October. It I were to book Tri-county or another service, what time should I book them for. Will the ship allow us to carry our baggage off the ship?

Thanks.

We had a 12:30 flight from FLL on our January Brilliance cruise. We booked the RCL shuttle bus from Miami Pier to FLL. Sure, we had to wait 10-15 minutes for the bus to get enuf passengers, but it was pretty simple and no dragging bags around. It was $20 pp. They gave us first off luggage tags and we had plenty of time. We'll do it again next time. We had priced TriCounty for this and they wanted an arm and a leg to get you to FLL. Probably because they don't know exactly when you will be off the ship. We did use TriCounty, however, for the FLL to Pier run. That was only $17 pp.

We have done the flight from FLL and just bought the transfers from RCCL it worked out real well. No problems at all. We would do it again if the price was right for the flight. When will you be cruising the Explorer in Oct.?

Guest cruzr44
We have a 12:30 flight from Ft Lauderdale after our cruise on Explorer in October. It I were to book Tri-county or another service, what time should I book them for. Will the ship allow us to carry our baggage off the ship?

Thanks.

We had an 11:30 flight and had them pick us up at 8. We were at the airport by 9. If I were to do it again I would just take a cab. I don't know the answer to carrying off baggage.

Thank you for your responses.

flossie, we are on the Oct 9 western caribbean cruise. We are flying to FLL because the airline we want flies a non-stop for a good price from Boston.

rfische1- we will be on the sailing right before you, going to the Eastern Caribbean. Yes we would fly into FLL again if the price was right. This cruise we will let the cruise line do the air. With all the Hurricanes popping up already I think I am glad to have them do it this time.I know we probably could have saved money doing it ourself.The cruise line may have us flying into FLL anyway we will not know that until we do the doc dance.

To finish our Navigator cruise last month, our group of 10 booked Port of Miami-to-FLL transportation through Activity Planners Inc.

http://www.activityplannersinc.com/

and were very pleased. Including driver's tip, cost was $16 per person. Prior to sailing, they had even given us the cell phone number of our driver, Felix. Once we docked back at Miami, a quick call to Felix confirmed a 9AM pickup curbside at the Port.

Because of our 12:15 FLL flight, we were assigned early (Green) disembarkation tags by RCCI, and were off the ship, through Immigration, baggage claim and Customs by 8:30. Felix picked us up at 9:00 sharp, and loaded all our luggage into a private van.

We were at FLL, ticketed and at the Security checkpoint by 9:45. A very positive experience.

Archived