Romance on the Rhapsody of the Seas

Hello everyone :), I have been enjoying all the tips and experiences on these boards and now have a request.

I'd like to hear from hopeless romantics, particularly but not exclusively ones that have sailed on the Rhapsody. My boyfriend and I are sailing in October this year on this ship.. This will be his first cruise and my fourth. I have traveled with family and friends in the past and cruised on the Rhapsody in 2003. This was by far my favorite ship and the reason I chose her for this vacation. I would like to help make this the most romantic vacation my boyfriend has ever been on. He and I have been camping together twice since we begun dating and he went out of his way to make both trips wonderful for me, a very unexperienced camper. I fell in love with him on our first trip. Anyway, we are very outgoing and love doing new things and meeting all kinds of people. I am 40 and he is 45 and we will have been living together for a year in September.

I am looking for suggestions of romantic places on the ship, in Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Ocho Rios. I'd also like to hear about experiences with the romance packages available for order on the cruise. Any ideas and or experiences with romance on a cruise would be very helpful and I think very inspiring to read about.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from all.

Tammy

I don't think it takes much to feel romantic on a cruise!

Nothing says romance to me like a balcony cabin. We use that balcony a lot! When the ship pulls out from Galveston, we're on our own balcony popping champagne. Add a plate of strawberries or one of your own fav's and you're all set.

You can order flowers and have them sent or bring your own bag of rose petals and sneak them off to your cabin steward with instructions to have them sprinkled over the bed on the first formal night! Lovely touch for when you return.

You can also purchase electric candles. Too dangerous to have live flames in your cabin but electric candles can add some mood lighting.

We have breakfast in our cabin daily. Eat leisurely, feed each other, start the day with a mimosa, always puts a smile on your face.

Give each other a 'This is what makes you so special to me' note a day.

Choose to learn one new thing about each other each day.

Choose together to do one new thing each day that neither of you have done. Nothing bonds people like entering into the unknown together.

Bring small gifts that only have meaning to the two of you and hide one a day in the cabin for the other to find.

Select a lovely picture frame and be sure to take advantage of those romantic kodak moments. Don't be shy to ask strangers to take a photo of the two of you.

Shave his face one morning. This is a killer, they just die for this if you do it right!! See if you can warm the shaving cream, get one of those electric heaters for the cans, They don't cost much. When you're done, Make sure you wrap his face in a very warm wet towel at the end, let him recline on the balcony in the lounger and massage his head... LOL! Even men love to be pampered.

Bring your own small cd player with a selection of mood music to play and you can dance on your balcony under the stars!

If you're a 'scent' person, bring a light spray to give the bedding a quick once over.

In the dining room, we had a table for two for dinner or a table for four but only two of us at it and that was perfect as far as I am concerned. I wanted time with my husband, I get plenty of time with other people when I am at home so I didn't miss sharing a table with strangers. With just the two of us we don't have to force conversation or smiles. We take our time over dinner, linger, enjoy a bottle of wine, let them pamper the two of you. I always asked my waiters to make food suggestions and they never steered me wrong. You can even arrange for dinner in your stateroom if you like or have dessert sent back to your room. ;)

Try the couples massage at the spa or bring your own lotions and schedule your own private couples massage.

Walks on deck at night can be really lovely.

Pray for rain and use the hot tub!

Sing to him. Select your own karoake tune and practice before you leave. Bring your cd with you ( to make sure they've got the right song!) and sing the song to him, in front of everyone at the karaoke lounge, even if you can't sing.

On excursions, I'd be booking privately. That time so of year it's not too crowded so chances are you might actually get an excursion where there are only a few of you if you book privately. For Cozumel, I like Eagle Ray Divers. eagleraydivers.com Email Chellie. She'll take really good care of you. You can snorkel or they've got a really fun dune buggy picnic/beach excursion. If you tell Chellie your plan she might even be able to arrange to have some specialty items for you on the picnic, etc.. It never hurts to ask.

I don't do Jamaica so I can't help you there. I do wish you were going to Key west you could do the sunset catamaran champagne sail.

Perhaps someone else can suggest something romantic in Grand Caymans?

Listen, talk and touch but most of all be warm and giving. Enjoy!

Great tips Tinsel

Definitly go for the Rasul Spa Treatment...

Great spot on the ship...Up front about 1 or 2 Am...on the little observation deck area..Very few ever go up there at night...Its simply beautiful.Bring a little drinky poo..Not saying to get frisky up there...But its a great spot just to be in awe of the expanse of the universe...and each other.

Also,Deck 5...always very private.

Enjoy some dancing just outside the Champagne Terrace..In the evening they have either a Violinist,Pianist..some sort of "couples" music for dancing.

There are stairs,outside on deck ten,that lead to the back part of the Viking Lounge..Try this spot at Sunset,as you are leaving Cozumel great great view.

:rolleyes: perfect! thank you very much for your responses. I love the massage and the shaving and breakfast in the room every morning ideas. I'm ordering the romance pkg with flowers and robes, champagne, etc. I think I'll make a cd of our favorite music and use your romantic music idea. Oh and the rose petals, my mind is really going now. I just have been having trouble thinking of things different than I do at home and I've not even thought of rose petals. Eagle Ray divers sounds great for Cozumel. I just can't wait until October.

Rasul Spa treatment? Sounds interesting I'll check it out I'm definitely a spa girl but I'm not sure what that one is. He's open to couples massage I've already suggested that to him. And thak you, just what I was wanting, special places on the ship I'll check them out.

Again, thank you both very much

Definitely have champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on your balcony when you get to the ship....

I also agree that walking around the decks late at night is great.

Make sure to buy photos, even if they're expensive. They're such a great memory.

Also an idea for afterwards.....collect little souvenirs (napkins, compasses, etc) and make a photobook of the trip to give to him afterwards.

My husband and I were on Rhapsody this past October. We had early seating for dinner, which we never do but our travel companions wanted to eat early. One of the things we found is the hot tubs in the solarium are almost always deserted after dinner. I guess most people were either at late seating or watching the shows. It was nice to cuddle and talk (nothing kinky!) in the warm, bubbling water. I can't remember if they closed the hot tubs at 10 or 11, but that was the time for a nice stroll around the upper deck. We liked to stop at the observation area to watch the stars then back to the room for some REAL cuddly time.

Another thing we enjoyed was the slow dance night in the Viking Lounge. They played slow dance music for a couple of hours, which is nice because my husband won't dance unless he can shuffle his (2 left) feet and slowly turn. The downside was they had Quest start 30 minutes after the slow dancing started. I only got a couple of dances.

Do they have Rasul on the Rhapsody? How much does it cost? Do you need to sign up early for it?

I agree the champagne and chocolate strawberries are wonderful. Great way to leave Galveston; standing on the balcony, sipping champagne and feeding each other strawberries. Can't wait till Christmas!

In Ocho - get off the ship right away, and climb Dunn's together. DON'T go in a big group. If you're more comfortable, get a guide, but pay him a little extra to take just you two up. If you arrive early enough, you could miss the crowds (THAT'S the fine line between romance and chaos at the falls.) Dunn's is SO beautiful.

BUT

Unbeknownst to MANY passengers (SHHHHHH!) Is MAYFIELD Falls. It's breathtaking. I found some good pics - http://www.silver-sands.com/mayfield_falls_jamaica.html I don't have my pics on the web, but I went there during a land vacation in Jamaica and LOVED EVERY SECOND. Check out the pictures and check into it! I personally LOVE Jamaica, but some don't. This is an excellent get-away for those that don't.

You can e-mail them at info@mayfieldfalls.com or their website is http://www.mayfieldfalls.com/. I don't know if it's possible to get there, spend a day, and get back before all-aboard (like I said, I did it on a LAND vacation, so time wasn't an issue...) but it's worth checking into.

• 2 months later...
Do they have Rasul on the Rhapsody? How much does it cost? Do you need to sign up early for it?

I agree the champagne and chocolate strawberries are wonderful. Great way to leave Galveston; standing on the balcony, sipping champagne and feeding each other strawberries. Can't wait till Christmas!

never saw a response to this but I was also wondering if they have Rasul on the Rhapsody and if anyone knows the cost?

thanks,

Julie

Archived