Sailing CP right now!!!!

fakeanne

Hey everyone! I know you all like to hear from people on board, so we finally found the internet cafe and I thought I'd post. Flights were great today. We booked Princess air and were offered an upgrade to first class for $75 pp. Took it! Great! Very little or no turbulence in air. Took transfer from Miami to port. The bus driver didn't know what she was doing and the air conditioning was broke, but that is not Princess' fault. Got to our room around 2:45. Started exploring the ship. Big. Tricky at first but our really nice room steward Gaetono (don't ask me how to pronounce it) showed us where our little pocket maps were. Sailed away right on the nose at 5:00. Watched from the Terrace pool. No kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee. They were all on the other end of the ship. Doesn't seem to be too many little ones. Alot of teenagers though. Why am I not eating at the buffet right now? All you can eat lobster claws, king crab legs, shrimp, salad bar, etc. etc. Had a melon margarita. Very huge and delicious. Cabin is nice. E627 obstructed oceanview. Shower is fine. Not as bad as some people make it out to be. Well, gotta go....35cents a minute is adding up. Time to eat.

Nice to hear you are having a good time - this kind of post has been rare on the boards lately - most everyone has been posting bad news - somewhat like the media - only bad news is news.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!

Hi Anne, we just got off the CB June 4th and had a great cruise, as I am sure you will. Be sure you check out the adult-only pool FORWARD with 2 hot tubs, loads of loungers and deck space. We were there every day...its just a few steps up from Lido deck (where our cabin was) and on the same deck as the walking deck. Hope your weather is great, and I will be looking forward to your writings as the cruise continues. We are still in the throes of memories of a wonderful time on the CB.

O.K. I'm back. Can't afford to post very often. We are having an excellent time. I can't believe people can complain about this experience. All of the CP staff are working so hard and they really pamper you. You don't even have to walk to the bars (that are right next to the pool) to get a drink. They bring you everything. They work hard to keep the decks picked up at all times. The food---ooohhh the food. It's good. Anyone who complains that this food is not good enough is too rich and spoiled to be on this ship and needs to buy their own private yacht and personal gourmet chef. A lot of variety in food choice. All the king crab, crab legs, adn lobster claws you could eat Sunday night. Wide variety on breakfast buffet. Chinese cuisine at lunch today. Entertainment has been great. Hal Spear-comedian-cracked me up. Bert Stratton at the piano--DO NOT miss him. Awesome vocal quality and great performer. Very funny. I didn't think the entertainment would be that great, but it is. The drinks are very good too. Large sized. Much bigger than you get in a restaurant. Here's something funny. Was sleeping in my birthday suit in my room (E627-obstructed oceanview) with the curtains open because no-one can see in and I love to look at the ocean. I hear some noises outside the window and sure enough there were some crew out there painting. AAAAAhhh. Oh well! Strerling Steakhouse-best steak I have ever eaten. I have NEVER seen my husband eat a steak without A1. He ate a whole 22 oz. porterhouse without adding a thing to it. -don't miss this either. Gotta go. Catch ya later.

We are booked on CP sept 17 in aft cabin R702.

I am wondering if any of you have stayed in this cabin or similiar on this deck (Riviera) we are right under the 24 hr buffet and sliding doors to the buffet and are worried that we will be awakened very early in the morning and kept awake late at night in this location.. Can you tell me if there is sufficient insulation above these cabins? I see that the suites are under the pool on this deck where there is no carpeting and moving of deck chairs should be noisy so I am assuming there is good insulation up there. Appreciate any info on this question.

Also Anne, are formal night very formal like tuxes and evening gowns or more laid back and casual?

Doris

Hi Doris,

We stayed in R702 on the CP in December and loved it so much that we booked the same cabin for next May. The location is perfect - just a few steps down the hall and up a few stairs to the aft pool - both buffet restaurants are right there...We thought it was perfect.

We could hear the deck chairs being moved around at certain times of the day, but only when we were sitting outside and we weren't bothered by that at all.

Have a great cruise!

Cheryl

O.K. I'm back. Can't afford to post very often. We are having an excellent time. I can't believe people can complain about this experience. All of the CP staff are working so hard and they really pamper you. You don't even have to walk to the bars (that are right next to the pool) to get a drink. They bring you everything. They work hard to keep the decks picked up at all times. The food---ooohhh the food. It's good. Anyone who complains that this food is not good enough is too rich and spoiled to be on this ship and needs to buy their own private yacht and personal gourmet chef. A lot of variety in food choice. All the king crab, crab legs, adn lobster claws you could eat Sunday night. Wide variety on breakfast buffet. Chinese cuisine at lunch today. Entertainment has been great. Hal Spear-comedian-cracked me up. Bert Stratton at the piano--DO NOT miss him. Awesome vocal quality and great performer. Very funny. I didn't think the entertainment would be that great, but it is. The drinks are very good too. Large sized. Much bigger than you get in a restaurant. Here's something funny. Was sleeping in my birthday suit in my room (E627-obstructed oceanview) with the curtains open because no-one can see in and I love to look at the ocean. I hear some noises outside the window and sure enough there were some crew out there painting. AAAAAhhh. Oh well! Strerling Steakhouse-best steak I have ever eaten. I have NEVER seen my husband eat a steak without A1. He ate a whole 22 oz. porterhouse without adding a thing to it. -don't miss this either. Gotta go. Catch ya later.

Hey, E627 was my cabin on the Caribbean Princess!!! Great cabin for an obstructed view. Really not obstructed at all. Glad to hear about your great time onboard. I really loved the CB and I'm always amazed when people say they had a bad time or that the food was bad. I just can't imagine it not being great. Keep the posts coming!

Hello everybody! Still cruising...well, actually we are docked in St. Maarten right now. Hubby and I spent an hour or two shopping. It is extremely sunny and hot out there, so we decided to come back to the ship, order some large sodas and cool off here in the internet cafe. The connection speed is much faster today here in port. We leave to go snorkeling at Shipwreck cove here in a few minutes. Anyway, we spent the day yesterday in St. Thomas and took a boat ferry over to St. John's Trunk Bay for snorkeling. This was fabulous and beautiful. I have never seen such crystal clear water before and the fish and coral were gorgeous. We even got to see some big Tarpin which were like 4-8 ft. long. Scary. Formal Night was Monday-very formal for those who opted to participate. Alot of tuxedos and gowns. There were some that were not quite as formal. My husband and I don't do formal, so we dressed up just a little and ate at the Sterling Steakhouse. Many people completely opt out of any type of dress up ant eat at the Cafe Caribe in their shorts. The Cafe Caribe out does themselves at dinner time everynight. They follow a theme too. There is more food and more variety than you can imagine. Watch out for the locals at St. Maarten, they are crazy and pushy, pushy, pushy. Also, we were reminded not to drink the water here or purchase any drinks with ice in them as it can make you sick. Sunburnt and having a great time. Will post when I get back to OHIO. Love you all.

Fakeanne,

Was the boat ferry to St. John right around the ship? How much does it cost to do a round trip to St John..I was thinking of taking the Champagne cat that is $99pp. Where the ferry drops you off over there is it far to a beach?

Thanks

Doris

Sad to leave . But, glad to be home. O.K. about St. Johns! When we docked in St. Thomas we took a 40 minute boat ferry over to the island of St. John (non airconditioned). St. John is really close to St. Thomas, but I wouldn't say it's right around the corner. Then, we got on open air buses.-actually, they were kinda jerry rigged trolly things on the back of pick up trucks. We drove about 10 minutes to Trunk Bay. We got there early, so we ended up having like over 2 hours to snorkel and hang out at the beach. This was around $ 100 per person. It was totally worth it. Trunk Bay was by far the most beautiful beach of the whole trip.

St. Maarten- we did the snorkeling at shipwreck cove and this was really cool because we got to snorkel right of of the boat. The boat ride out to the cove was only like 10 min. The guys on the boat did a great job guiding and having fun. Then you get all the rum punch you can drink on the way back to the boat.

Princess Cays- the beach and water are not anywhere as nice as the other two ports, but all the waitstaff is out there offering drinks, and there is a big barbeque. Snorkeling.....when you get off the tender go left-way far left-past the crazy grill. Swim around the little gazebo pier to close to where the jet skis are. This is great snorkeling. Also, take a tender in very early and you can get in under one of those grass hut thing-no reservations-first come, first serve. I am going to post a full review as a new thread.

Archived