Vantage menus

Poulsbo Cruisers

My wife and I are booked on the August 1 Majestic Rivers of Europe cruise with Vantage. We had been booked for the July 7 sailing, but it was canceled. However, strangely, Vantage still shows this sailing on its website. We have never been on a river cruise before and we understand that one big difference will be meal choices. Does anyone have a sample dinner menu from a Vantage river cruise? Thanks.

Hello Poulsbo Cruisers - Here is a sample Captain's Welcome Menu from 2011 Christmas market cruise.

Begin with a cocktail party in Lounge followed by dinner in ship restaurant.

Cold Appetizer - Duck Foie Gras with Cumberland Sauce on colorful Salad Brouquet, served with warm Brioche.

Hot Appetizer - Sautéed Tiger Prawns with mashed and crisp Potatoes.

Sherbert - Orange Sherbet with Campari and Kumquats.

Entree's - Slices of double cut Sirloin Steak with Béarnaise Sauce Or Puff Pastry Pillow filled with assorted Vegetables topped with poached Egg and Hollandaise Sauce.

Dessert - Creme Brulee caramelized Vanilla Cream. Belgian Waffle and Strawberry Sauce.

Petit Fours.

Wine at cocktail party and for dinner.

Hope this helps. This coming September 23 we will be going with Vantage on their Best of Africa tour. It will be our 6 trip with Vantage. Willard

Hi Poulsbo Cruisers - Forgot a couple of things. Not sure your thoughts are on this but most of the men wear jacket and tie for the Welcome and Farewell dinner. Also this might sound goofy but I photograph every plate (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and when we get back home I make up a "foodie" book of photos. Great to look back to see what the meals look like. Willard

Hi Poulsbo Cruisers - Forgot a couple of things. Not sure your thoughts are on this but most of the men wear jacket and tie for the Welcome and Farewell dinner. Also this might sound goofy but I photograph every plate (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and when we get back home I make up a "foodie" book of photos. Great to look back to see what the meals look like. Willard

Thanks for your response. I had been led to believe that the ships were fairly informal and that coats and ties were not worn.

What ever you feel comfortable with works. I would say that about 75% of the men dressed up a little. The ladies always look nice. On one of our trips there was a man who came in to the dining room with a tee shirt with big arm holes. He ate but that was the last night for that....he changed to a golf type shirt. The two nights I mentioned are really special nights but then that's me.

Thanks for your response. I had been led to believe that the ships were fairly informal and that coats and ties were not worn.
On our last Vantage river cruise in 2011 on the Danube, although some people really dressed up for the welcome and farewell dinners, most passengers wore casual, but nice, clothing. On that trip, most of the men did not wear a jacket, and of those that did, definitely not many wore ties. We did find Vantage passengers to be more dressed up for dinner than what we experienced on Grand Circle, where absolutely nobody dressed up for dinner. I guess it boils down to what you feel most comfortable in.

Besides the meat dish as posted, they also had a fish dish every night and also a vegetarian option. Don't miss the eggplant Parmesan. There was also a risotto that was outstanding! (And I usually like my protein, but those were exceptional!)

Since you are in Germany a lot, they also had some good sausages, etc. They had some special things like that for lunch. We had very good food on our trip. Enjoy!! (the ice cream was wonderful!)

We had very good food on our trip. Enjoy!! (the ice cream was wonderful!)
Oh, yes! I remember the ice cream, too! There was always a sundae dessert choice at dinner, and one day they had an "ice cream social" outside on the upper deck in the afternoon. Yummy!

Archived