Cabin A746 on Star

TWOFERTWO

Has anyone had this cabin? It seems to be the only Grand class ship with an exstended veranda. We a thinking of booking this, because of the extra room.

It is very close to aft pool and below buffet area. How is the noise?

Any opinions would help! :)

• 1 year later...

Thanks, Keith. We have been booking Caribe balconies for years now, but this one caught my eye in other posts. Aloha is a nice deck and access to HC for hubby in the morning is great.

I am hoping that someone here may have stayed in this cabin and will read this. A picture would be the frosting on the cake.:D

Has anyone had this cabin? It seems to be the only Grand class ship with an exstended veranda. We a thinking of booking this, because of the extra room.

It is very close to aft pool and below buffet area. How is the noise?

Any opinions would help! :)

We were on the Aloha deck around the same cabin #. We will never ever book another balcony on this deck. The sound from the MUTS (movies under the stars), the scooting of chairs, and people clomping their shoes from above was horrible. This was suppose to be an upgrade and dummy us we took it not knowing what a horrible upgrade it was. Live and learn.

We saw this cabin on the Ruby (it was 1 deck up on Riviera deck) and although it is a larger balcony, it is totally enclosed on the left side by a steel wall. You don't have a view to the back, only the side and front - if that matters to you. As far as noise, this is the last aft cabin at the back of the ship - nowhere near MUTS - which is midship. The only noise you may hear is from Horizon Court above in the morning.

We're booked in this cabin in July. I found some pictures of it, but I don't have the links. I'll look again. It has a larger balcony, but it does have that solid wall on one side. The whole thing seems to face forward.

This thread has pictures of a similar balcony on Caribbean Princess.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1019676

Edited by shredie

The Crown has this room on the Riviera deck and we had it this past February. We loved the room!

The room was all done by hand - it is not a box just added to the next. It used to be a storage room.

In the bathroom, you do have the small step up to get inside BUT you step down to get into the shower! Just a half step. We felt it was a tad larger than other showers in balcony rooms as well. We did not have the curtain sticking to us as we showered.

The room - Same as all the other balcony rooms, same set up, same size, same amenities. Nothing different.

The balcony- The others who have reported have told you right, you can not look out back of the ship. Your balcony open area will have you looking forward! You can see all the way to the bridge of the ship. You can also look down to the mini suite balcony on Dolphin. We loved the privacy of the balcony. You also did not get the sun on the patio at all. It is totally covered. So, if going on a warm weather trip, the room stays cool. We (event to those who say we shouldn't) left the door to the balcony open at night as you do not get the wind as you would in other rooms.

There were some pipes above the patio. There was water that trickled through them all day long. Now, at home, we have a man made pond/creek on the side of our house that recalculates the water via a sump pump, so the sound of the water made the room more like home to us.

With my husband's steps, he's tall, we were only 40 steps from the aft pool. If you wanted sun, you could go set out on the deck there. Then up just a few more steps and you were in Horizon Court or Cafe Caribe. Not a bad deal! And there is a bar near the pool too! So, we lives at that end of the ship the full week!

Noise- I thought we would have lots of noise from that back door opening and slamming shut all day long. I stood at the door to our room and that wasn't the case. It was the inconsiderate passengers in the other rooms who made all the noise, going in and out all day, letting their doors slam! Ugh! It takes only a few seconds to hold the door and help it shut so that it doesn't make all that noise.

No noise from up above in the buffet areas. Never heard a single chair being moved or cart rolled.

My other worry with the room was smoking, as there is smoking allowed in parts of the aft pool area. But upon checking things out, it was up two decks above the bar so the wind blew what ever smells there might have been away.

I would love to book the room again. It was a wonderful week!! Hope you get that room too! Enjoy!

Any other questions on the room, let me know, I will try to answer them.

The balcony is easily large enough to set the chairs and table aside and spread towels out and lay down. The shape is like a right angled trapezoid and does extend a couple of feet back into the bulkhead.

Looking from room:

62360_10201984477828456_1564348760_n.jpg

Looking forward:

1798223_10201984480548524_618397339_n.jpg

Looking aft:

1798320_10201984485788655_799175024_n.jpg

Overall, we really enjoyed the cabin and extra balcony space. It was very quiet and very close to buffet and aft pool area. Expect some vertical and lateral motion due to the location. We would choose this balcony again.

Edited by camarodrivenrs
Problems with picture links

Thank you all for the info. And thanks for the wonderful pictures.

We will be sailing to Hawaii and will have a few sea days before and after visiting the Islands. 2 friends will be with us and it sounds as though all of us can sit out on the balcony together during the sea days.:):)

I am sure we will enjoy this balcony.:D:D

You are only given two chairs and one table. So ask your steward for a couple more chairs. I think this would be a wonderful balcony for the ultimate dinner deal they have! It is covered, not much wind, wonderful views. . . great!

I don't know how to post my pictures here, but I can post them to a Facebook page - Cruising with Vickie. Check there. I will load them shortly.