Diving Certification on Star Princess??

Olwyn

Hi Everyone!:)

My sister and brother in law are trying to find out if they can take full scuba diving instruction and do an 'open water' dive while on a one week cruise in October...leading to 'Certification'.

Has anyone done this? :confused:

The plan is to take the theory and pool instuction here in Toronto this summer, and then to do the final portion on our October 9th, Star Princess cruise.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Olwyn

I "know" an internet friend who said his son did the first week on a prior cruise, and will do the last week with the open water diving on an October 2005 Star cruise. I'll ask him to take a look at this thread and maybe he can be of some help.

There have been earlier threads on this, so try doing a search for them. I did back to back cruises in 2000 aboard Grand Princess. You can do all the prep work at home, and do the qualifying dives at two of the ports if you sign up ahead of time with "New Waves" which is their name for the diving op aboard. I actually did all of the homework via the book and CD-ROM at home, then there was classwork on two morings at sea, and the pool exercises on two afternoons at sea. My qualifying dives were at St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Most of the 7-day Carribbean cruises offer this. I found the instructors great and have continued diving ever since. In fact I'll be aboard Sun Princess this Fall for 20 days of Southern Carribbean diving and sightseeing!

Thanks

Norm

You can do the full cetification which includes your class instruction, 2 pool dives and 4 open water shore dives or do your pool and academics at home and do just the shore dives. It is a good course - our son took it in February and only finished his pool and academics - he then came down with tonsilitis - he is going back nwith us in October to finish. You can get details and sign up at http://www.newwaves.com.

Ron

Archived