Breakaway penthouse for four?

Kaboochi

I have been searching the NCL website for the breakaway penthouses that will comfortably sleep for adult women (S9 or S7 category) I have not been ale to locate cabin layouts to look at, or a great description of the cabins. Help with input fellow cc posters. THANK YOU:)

I have been searching the NCL website for the breakaway penthouses that will comfortably sleep for adult women (S9 or S7 category) I have not been ale to locate cabin layouts to look at, or a great description of the cabins. Help with input fellow cc posters. THANK YOU:)

Hi Kaboochi,

I'm not sure about the S9's but as far as the S7 cabins. I can tell you the only S7's that sleep four are on Deck 13. These are the ones that are just under the bridge and are suspected to be "hull balconies" all the other S7's on the Breakaway only sleep 3. There are no floor plans yet for the S6 & S7 cabins.

Good luck with your search.

I think that the highlighted phrase is the key to your query.

Cabins on a ship are designed for two people. Many will hold three, four, five or even more. But the cabins are designed around the concept of double occupancy.

Try to look at it like the bench seat in a car. These are also designed for two people. However, you can squeeze a third adult in the middle...or even two small children. This can work for a trip to a local restaurant...however, it probably isn't going to be the best arrangement for a cross country trip!

So sure, you can put four adults in the room...it is the "comfortably" part that you might have trouble with. Some people don't mind three or four people in a cabin. Others feel crowded with just two people in the room! :eek:

I think that the highlighted phrase is the key to your query.

Cabins on a ship are designed for two people. Many will hold three, four, five or even more. But the cabins are designed around the concept of double occupancy.

Try to look at it like the bench seat in a car. These are also designed for two people. However, you can squeeze a third adult in the middle...or even two small children. This can work for a trip to a local restaurant...however, it probably isn't going to be the best arrangement for a cross country trip!

So sure, you can put four adults in the room...it is the "comfortably" part that you might have trouble with. Some people don't mind three or four people in a cabin. Others feel crowded with just two people in the room! :eek:

Too true!

After the 2bed(S4:559:516/43) the S6/S7 are probably the next best , specultion is they are more like an S5 on a Jewel class with the seperate living room so more practical for 4pax.

However they are not all the same

S7 13106 is marked as a 3 berth single sofa bed with wheelchair access tub and shower also smaller(409:377/32) than the other S7(419:387/32)

S7 13706 is 4 berth with single sofa and a pullman

other S7 3berth with single sofa.

S6 aft are much bigger(505:430/75)

eg:

Breakaway 10312 The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse With Balcony 10

Standard Capacity - 4 , Cabin Includes Total Square Footage

(505) , Port Side , Clothes Line In Bathroom , Refrigerator ,

Mini Bar , Bathtub , Safety Deposit Box , Tea And Coffee

Maker , Television , Certified Butler Service , Digital

Video Disc Player , Dining Room Area , Foldable

Sleeper/Playpen , Private Balcony , Desk , Hair Dryer ,

Internet Access , Convertible Double Sofa Bed , Vanity ,

Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Telephone , Sitting

Area , Aft Section , Balcony Square Footage (75) , Sprinklers

, Cabin Square Footage (430) , Livingroom Area , Separate

Bedroom With A Door , Guest Bathroom With Shower ,

Convertible King Size Bed , Shower , Concierge Concierge

Available Upon Request, Pier Aft

The S6/S7 look to be much better value than the courtyard S5(334:280/56) which are tiny in comparison.

Archived