Flamable post

nycshipmate

Going on first cruise tomorrow (actually today) on the Dawn, and just had a scary thought. :eek: Is smoking allowed in the cabins? I'm a non-smoker and would hate to be in a room just vacated by a smoker. What could I do?? Are there smoking and non-smoking cabins, like there are in hotels? I don't remember being asked when I booked. On at least one occassion I've checked into a hotel room that smelled of smoke, and was given a new room without any fuss. What would happen on a ship?

**disclaimer: I do not mean to insult smokers or the people who love them. You have a right to smoke and enjoy your experience.

Going on first cruise tomorrow (actually today) on the Dawn, and just had a scary thought. :eek: Is smoking allowed in the cabins? I'm a non-smoker and would hate to be in a room just vacated by a smoker. What could I do?? Are there smoking and non-smoking cabins, like there are in hotels? I don't remember being asked when I booked. On at least one occassion I've checked into a hotel room that smelled of smoke, and was given a new room without any fuss. What would happen on a ship?

**disclaimer: I do not mean to insult smokers or the people who love them. You have a right to smoke and enjoy your experience.

Smoking is allowed in any cabin on any NCL ship. They do not designate smoking versus non smoking rooms. However, if you do a search of this board, you'll see that many people, including me, have never been able to smell the smoke if someone has smoked in the room recently. They clean the rooms very well.

I agree; I HATE smoke, and often switch rooms in hotels, but I am amazed how well the get the smell out from the cabins - you can't smell smoke at all. (Wish they would teach their 'secret' to the hotel chains!)

Archived