Dress code in the dining room

mcbor

This is my first cruise and I am trying to figure out what type of clothing is acceptable in the dining room at dinner time. My teen age daughters have dressy spaghetti strap dresses and camisoles and skirts. Are those acceptable? Can we wear capris/crop pants with dressy tops? Thanks.

Yes sounds fine. WE have been on four cruises and depening on your ports you can even get away with shorts on some ships. As long as there is no jeans your pretty much ok. This past cruise in May I forgot to pack the hubbys shoes so on our formal nights he was dressed in dress pants and suit coat with sneakers!!! It didn't seem to bother anyone and we were not thrown out so as long as your presentable you will be fine HAVE A GREAT CRUISE you will soon be addicted

This is my first cruise and I am trying to figure out what type of clothing is acceptable in the dining room at dinner time. My teen age daughters have dressy spaghetti strap dresses and camisoles and skirts. Are those acceptable? Can we wear capris/crop pants with dressy tops? Thanks.

Here is a link to the fashion board.. Hope this helps.. Happy Cruising :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

Sounds like you will be just fine!!!!! Enjoy

Here is the link to Carnival dress code:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Anything other than this will be peoples opinions of this dress code!

Bon voyage.

HEHEHE . . . .only Peter has that fantastic ability to be succinct and non-inflammatory at the same time. Way to go, Pete. :D

Though I have nevr sailed canival but from the overall comments on the carnival boards I would say just show up, bring money and have a party is what carnival is all about don't worry about what you wear.
(my emphasis)

Then again, there are some that don't possess this great "non-inflammatory" quality that PETE possesses. :(

You see, tumeroll, comes from the boards of a cruisline where a major topic is If I croak on my next cruise, will HAL refund my unused portion of the cruise to my widow ? :D

The beat goes on, especially from those that really resent their favorite cruiseline being saved from extinction by Carnival. They just don't get it. :rolleyes:

Then again, there are some that don't possess this great "non-inflammatory" quality that PETE possesses. :(

You see, tumeroll, comes from the boards of a cruisline where a major topic is If I croak on my next cruise, will HAL refund my unused portion of the cruise to my widow ? :D

The beat goes on, especially from those that really resent their favorite cruiseline being saved from extinction by Carnival. They just don't get it. :rolleyes:

You tell'em

Easy answer. Read the guidelines in the link posted by Pete. ;) The outfits you described (other than shorts) should be fine for casual nights. Note that shorts are allowed in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, but not dinner.

Note that shorts are allowed in the dining room for breakfast and lunch, but not dinner.

Are they really? I did not know that. Thanks for the info. I keep reading that you cannot wear jeans in the dining room, but I don't see that specifically stated in the Carnival dress code. We are dressing up for the formal nights, but on the other nights I plan on wearing tan and white pants that are denim, and I am going to wear very nice blouses with them. I don't see how that is too casual as opposed to capris, which I think are downright yukky.

(my emphasis)

ROFLMAO...Thanks Gary I really needed the laugh today :D

I keep reading that you cannot wear jeans in the dining room, but I don't see that specifically stated in the Carnival dress code.

This list is inclusive not exclusive. It doesn't say you can't wear a french lace bustier either.

(my emphasis)

[/color][/size][/font][/i]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotfl.gif

P.S.: Jeans in the Dining Room!! happy34.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rotfl.gif

P.S.: Jeans in the Dining Room!! happy34.gif

Hello Basn. I would have never thought to find you on a thread about the dress code. 36_11_2.gif

This list is inclusive not exclusive. It doesn't say you can't wear a french lace bustier either.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't say that I CAN'T wear my thong and pumps as long as they are formal (they are sequined) :) I have a really nice belly chain that dresses up the outfit too! :p

Am I getting this right?? As long as Carnival doesn't specifically say that I cannot wear something, then it's OK??? Where have I been?? I always thought that I should follow the rules rather than trying to find holes in them to fit my own needs... Silly me :)

BTW, I did answer the OP's question earlier, but couldn't resist coming back to comment with some of the recent posts!

Now that I think about it, it doesn't say that I CAN'T wear my thong and pumps as long as they are formal (they are sequined) :) I have a really nice belly chain that dresses up the outfit too! :p

I told you when we where on the topless deck that you could have worn your Victoria Secret diamond thong...... But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... You didnt want to belive me that you could do it... party37.gif

Hello Basn. I would have never thought to find you on a thread about the dress code.

Well I gotta give this board some fashion sense. Am the fashion police.. character08.gif

LOL!!! love63.gif

I think this is worth a picture or eight. We'll be the judge of the acceptability of said outfit, so that you don't feel over or under-dressed on any give cruise night:D

Archived