clothes for alaska

summercruising

This is so helpful! I was trying to figure out what to pack for an Alaskan cruise and was worried about being drastically underdressed. It sounds like most will be wearing nice jeans or slacks during the day and then dressing up in the evening.

I love the thrift store bargains as well - that's where I will be heading to look for a few good deals in the next couple of weeks. Nice to know that I'm not the only one doing that so that I can save up money for things like excursions or spa treatments.

I was more worried about clothes for evening dining and evening on the ship. I knew the kind of clothes to wear but I wasn't sure about the season to wear...I finally got my answer from a friend who has cruised to Alaska several times. She said Spring wear! Yay!

Thanks to everyone on here that posted the layering and other ideas. They have really helped! My husband, who works out on the lakes and rivers is so use to layering. I'm not...this will be hard for me as I'm very warm blooded. Yes, we live in the south so I know there will be a difference. I have to remember that the excursions won't just be running from my car into the store! LOL I am getting so excited!

Archived