filming the cruise

matt690

We would like to purchase a camcorder for vacations, and local events and gatherings. Does anyone have any experience with the Sony HC-32, the Panasonic PV-GS35 Camcorder, or the JVC GR-D295 Camcorder? Any information wuld be greatly appreciated!

-Matt

I have the Hithaci that uses the small DVD discs and we love it very small and easy to carry around. It plays in my portable DVD player and our big one we have hooked to the TV. The picture is beautiful and has a very powerful zoom, the thing I like most about it is the small size it could fit in a small camera bag or but it in your beach bag, we took it to all or ports and now have great memories of all our stops. Linda

Get panasonic pv 250; it blows away all other small cams.

It uses DV tapes instead of DVD. DV tapes are way cheaper, plus they have less compression artifacts, which helps contribute to a better picture.

Unlike the other cams mentioned, in fact unlike any other cam selling for under 1000, it uses 3 ccds, one for each primary color. Mozt use just one. Three ccd's give way better color.

It uses optical stabilation. Almost all palm cams use the cheaper electronic stabilzation.Optical is way more effective and doesn't degrade your picture quality and, works well even in low light. If you have unsteady hands and don't like jerky pictures, optical stabilzation is a must.

Size wise, the pv 250 might still be smaller than any of the dvd cams. I take my DV tapes and burn them onto DVD's for home viewing.

Archived