New to Royal but not to cruising

kicia

Just booked a 4 night cruise on the Jewel OTS for next week. This is our first cruise on Royal but we have sailed many times on several different lines but mainly on Carnival. What can I expect to be different and what should I not miss? From reading the FAQs it looks like I can't bring on Pepsi or water but can bring on two bottles of wine/champagne at embarkation. How many formal nights on a 4 night cruise?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Just booked a 4 night cruise on the Jewel OTS for next week. This is our first cruise on Royal but we have sailed many times on several different lines but mainly on Carnival. What can I expect to be different and what should I not miss? From reading the FAQs it looks like I can't bring on Pepsi or water but can bring on two bottles of wine/champagne at embarkation. How many formal nights on a 4 night cruise?

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

You can bring on water, whether you can check it with the rest of the luggage or have to carry it on yourself seems to vary port/ship/luck. We've always brought a case of Dasani with no trouble. I think some people even bring on soda with no trouble, but I've never tried that. I just buy the soda package.

My understanding is the entertainment on RCI is much better than most other lines. I also really like their variety of activity choices.

I think my frirst cruise was a 4 or 5 night, and it was 1 formal night.

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. Views out to the sea at every turn due to the glass walls. You should be able to bring on a limited amount of water and soda. One formal night.

One great place for sail away is on the helipad. Easy to get to.

I have some photos of this ship in my link below. Have a great cruise.:)

While Royal's official policy is no outside beverages other than the 2 bottle of wine/champagne per stateroom the question is really enforcement.

I have on all of my cruises brought a few bottles to a case of water on board and never had a problem. Back when I would drink soda I usually had at least a 12 pack of that as well. Never had a problem. Many times I just put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my stateroom without a problem.

I would take a guess the only time someone may have a problem with bringing those on board is around spring break when the crack down on everything drink related.

Archived