Roll call question - or lack of

angeleyez915

My roll call has absolutely no activity. Please forgive my possibly stupid question here but are the Meet and Greets typically only created by the roll call members or is there usually a meet and greet regardless ? And if there is a meet and greet how do i get the information on where and when since the roll call is basically non existent?

My roll call has absolutely no activity. Please forgive my possibly stupid question here but are the Meet and Greets typically only created by the roll call members or is there usually a meet and greet regardless ? And if there is a meet and greet how do i get the information on where and when since the roll call is basically non existent?

Google your ship and sail date. You may find there are bigger ones elsewhere.

And if you want to schedule a meet and greet with the ships blessing, contact John Heald and he will set it up for you. Used to be automatic, but it has fallen off the wayside.

Sometimes the Fun Times will have a M&G for CC members listed in the Fun Times even if no one from a roll call contacted them about it (happened to us on our last Spirit cruise and was confusing for some roll call members as it wasn't in the place we had planned!). But, in our case, only one roll call member went to the one listed in the Fun Times. I doubt it would be well attended if it wasn't arranged on the roll call. I know I wouldn't go to one listed in the Fun Times if I hadn't participated in the roll call. Maybe that's just me...

Google your ship and sail date. You may find there are bigger ones elsewhere.

And if you want to schedule a meet and greet with the ships blessing, contact John Heald and he will set it up for you. Used to be automatic, but it has fallen off the wayside.

Thank you for the Google suggestion - i had actually already tried that. There is a very small one through ShipMate and I installed the app on my phone but not really getting anyone responding there either :(

Will Mr Heald be able to set something up this close to cruise date though? Shipping out on Thurs. I am very excited but getting more and more nervous since this is my first cruise and I am going alone.

...this is my first cruise and I am going alone.

Now I understand your concerns! I think you'll find people on cruises are pretty friendly for the most part. If you're comfortable chatting with strangers, then just strike up conversations. You may be surprised how easy it is to meet people! You'll also meet people on any excursions you take and at dinner if you have a set seating time or request a large table if you have Your Time Dining. You may well meet people in these situations that you click with and will end up hanging out with.

Have a great cruise!!

It looks like your cruise is a 4 day cruise. Short cruises, 3 day and 4 day and sometimes even 5 day trips, end up with little or even no roll call postings. We are taking a 4 day followed by a 3 day in May on the Imagination to make sure we can get our 50th milestone credit on a September Legend TA cruise. We usually don't take anything shorter than a 5 day cruise, we try to mostly book 7 day or longer cruises.

The roll call for the 4 day Imagination cruise has 4 postings and the 3 day cruise has none.

Now I understand your concerns! I think you'll find people on cruises are pretty friendly for the most part. If you're comfortable chatting with strangers, then just strike up conversations. You may be surprised how easy it is to meet people! You'll also meet people on any excursions you take and at dinner if you have a set seating time or request a large table if you have Your Time Dining. You may well meet people in these situations that you click with and will end up hanging out with.

Have a great cruise!!

Thank you for understanding! I am ok sometimes with talking to strangers but I tend to be a bit shy, and I always feel like I am prying or imposing when I start asking questions, just a little self conscious i guess.

Thank you for the Google suggestion - i had actually already tried that. There is a very small one through ShipMate and I installed the app on my phone but not really getting anyone responding there either :(

Will Mr Heald be able to set something up this close to cruise date though? Shipping out on Thurs. I am very excited but getting more and more nervous since this is my first cruise and I am going alone.

Normally yes, but he seems to go into hiding at times when he is needed most.

And then he is travelling to catch up with the ship he will be CDing.

But there are people over there that will get important things to him.

Thank you for understanding! I am ok sometimes with talking to strangers but I tend to be a bit shy, and I always feel like I am prying or imposing when I start asking questions, just a little self conscious i guess.

I'm actually thinking about taking my first solo cruise (recently divorced and DD is heading off to college in the fall :D) and have had the same thoughts. But, keep in mind, there are a lot of us out there who never met a stranger and really enjoy talking with new people. One of the things I love about cruising is meeting new people. It's pretty easy to tell if someone thinks you're prying--just pay attention to body language and how easy their manner is about answering. Since you're on the shy side, dinner and excursions will probably be your best bet for meeting new people as--especially dinner--they're more intimate settings (well, ship's excursions aren't very intimate, but there will be a lot of people to meet on them!). Just be open and ready for anything and you'll do great! :D

My roll call is dead, too. I think everyone has moved to FB for roll calls but I don't want my real life friends knowing how much I cruise! No wayyyy

If I enjoy this cruise as much as I think I will - I will have no problems with shouting to the world how much I enjoyed it and will go as often as possible :) May take my kiddos on a Disney cruise

If I enjoy this cruise as much as I think I will - I will have no problems with shouting to the world how much I enjoyed it and will go as often as possible :) May take my kiddos on a Disney cruise

People get jealous! And I can never complain about having too much work to do or not enough money if everyone knows about my cruises!

Post something on his fb page with ship and cruise date and when you might want to have it. Sometimes he will set it up and sometimes it kind of falls by the wayside. On cruise last month asked him to set it up but for whatever reason he didnt and no mention of it in fun times.

It took us quite some time to ours going on the NCL roll call but now we are about 6 months out and we are up to 38 people.. it too a few tries and it took on a mind of its own.. there is great group of people in there and we look forward to meeting them all an maybe getting them to try a CCL cruise..

Well, I guess we have the best Roll Call going on and it keeps growing, Really!!! Last time I checked, it was over 110 people!!! It just doesnt stop!! I go to bed , next morn, BOOM!! 5 more members!! LOL!! Could be the the itinerary, the ship, time of year, who knows what makes one roll call bigger than the next!! All I know Is April 13th on the Breeze, BIG ROLL CALL!!!!!

Ours for December is a little on the dead side. I keep posting questions hoping that someone will respond to get it going, but no takers. I know that we lost several people who decided the cruise is too close to Christmas (which I understand). I just hope it picks up soon!

There is basically no one on mine either - May 26th, Valor. And actually there have been about 3 different posts for my roll call, and each only had a handful of people and died after a few posts. I dont do any other social networking unless Pinterest counts, but I dont follow anyone, lol. As such, I dont really have any other way of connecting via Facebook, but I could start a convo with a tree so I'm not overly concerned about it. BF is crazy shy and has a bit of social anxiety though so I dont even know how much socializing we would be doing (but I hope a lot!) :)

I think some roll calls are just like that. My last two cruises were B2B 3- and 4-day ones and we didn't even have roll calls for those. My current roll call is super active--we have more than 100 people (though it's a small group of 6 or 8 of us who post really consistently).

The roll calls on the phone apps are much more active.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That might be true, but they are in no particular order by sail date. So I don't even go on mine anymore. It's unorganized by my standards.

Archived