Medical Questionnaire

mr.trotwood

Each passenger fills out a short form with questions like:

Are you feeling sick?

Do you have a fever?

Do you have diarrhea or vomiting in the past 24 hours?

If you answer YES to any of the questions you'll be asked to see their doctor prior to boarding. It also says answering YES does not mean you will be denied boarding.

Each line has a similar form.

Heard of a friend of a friend that they were honest...he was on medication that caused diarrhea. They answered yes to the diarrhea and also told them why he had it. They were denied boarding.

The night before going on our Dawn CTN we tried a new Mexican restaurant at the urging of our friends. Well, lets just say the food was spicy and the beans were plenty!

We both had gas and my DW had diarrhea the next morning, but we physicaly felt fine. We were honest on the forms and I remember the ship's doctor coming over and asking additional questions. It was slightly embarrassing to talk about these things right at the counter with other guests nearby listening!

Lesson learned!

Thankfully we were able to convince the good doctor that we were fine, and we were allowed to board for a great CTN!

I agree. I think the form is useless.

Do you really think that someone is going to say "Yes, I started with a cough, sore throat, and I am running a fever"? I don't think so.

Washy, washy, happy, happy, smiley smiley. I appreciate the sanitizers. I sanitize on the way into the buffet and sanitize before I eat after touching the handles. Maybe a little OCD, but rather that than sick on vacation.

I agree. I think the form is useless.

Do you really think that someone is going to say "Yes, I started with a cough, sore throat, and I am running a fever"? I don't think so.

Washy, washy, happy, happy, smiley smiley. I appreciate the sanitizers. I sanitize on the way into the buffet and sanitize before I eat after touching the handles. Maybe a little OCD, but rather that than sick on vacation.

There is nothing wrong with over santizing. I work in a nursing home and we are taught to wash santize our hands like crazy.

IIRC, the last time I boarded in Miami, there was also a question about pregnancy. Much better to place it on the form for all passengers than to make check in personnel ask:eek:

Especially if they're asking based on visual cues instead of asking every female passenger. A new maternity store went that route to hand out flyers at the mall and I overheard one response... "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat" :eek:

That said, I don't recall any mention of pregnancy on the forms the last time I boarded in NYC, and I certainly wasn't asked.

Last January when I was standing at the counter filling out my form an elderly British gentleman was standing next to me and in a very posh accent wondered which box to check for his wife causing a pain in his arse.

Must have been a long flight. :D

Last January when I was standing at the counter filling out my form an elderly British gentleman was standing next to me and in a very posh accent wondered which box to check for his wife causing a pain in his arse.

Must have been a long flight. :D

This is very funny!

I was so nervous about that form on my cruise this past January. I'd had a cold the week BEFORE the cruise and was finally starting to feel better a couple days before I flew to Miami. I never ran much of a fever though at all. Like 99.1.

For some reason I decided to take my thermometer with me. I arrived at the airport like 4 hours early and was bored so I decided to take my temperature. Big mistake! My fever had gone UP! Stupidly, I'd retake it every 10 minutes or so and it kept going up and up and up and up. At its highest, it was 101 something which was just insane because I felt fine. I am a terribly nervous flyer (as in little panic attacks!) so I'm convinced I psyched myself out and got all worked up and caused my own body temp to rise.

This was the day before the cruise.

Luckily, the morning of when I took my temp again, it was normal. It was a very strange experience though.

Archived