50 lbs for Nov 2nd cruise :-)

Piecukonis

I am so excited to be going on my first family cruise. It will be my mom, her bf, me and my husband and our 5 and 6 year olds, my brother, sister-in-law, and their baby, and my cousin and her husband! We are taking the Nov 2nd Carnival Elation out of New Orleans...going to Progreso and Cozumel on a 5 day. I have recently lost 20 lbs and really want to push myself for another 50 by November 2013. It's a stretch but I know I can do it. I really need to lose another 70 BUT 50 is good for the time frame I am working with. By no means will I be bikini ready but I am sure I can rock a sexy one-piece on the beach. LOL

Glad to find this thread! What a great place to post and motivate each other working towards a common goal. :D

Oh and I am a huge fan of daily weigh ins sooooo I think I will just come back and edit to post my daily weight to keep myself accountable.

GOAL 160 by Nov 1st, 2013

3/18/2013 - TBA in the morning!

Ok so....3/18/13 = 214.0 I guess I have a little more than 50 as this last week I was not on track AT ALL and regained quite a bit. 54 is the new number.

My plan is to eat about 1200 -1400 cals a day while keeping it super low-carb but not ketogenic (Adding fresh fruit to keep carb grams up a little). I lose VERY fast on very low carb and low fat, like Stillman's BUT I can't stick with eating that little of a variety for long. I will work out every day too....at least a 45 minute walk if nothing else. I am staying out of ketosis this time because of a nasty double kidney infection that I need to go in for labs and a follow up in a couple weeks and the protein/ketones in the labs will cause confusion so doc said to hold off until labs and everything were given the all clear. Staying away from rice, breads, pastas, etc.

I would love an accountability partner. I am also cruising Nov 2 but on the Celbrity Summit out of Puerto Rico. I could stand to lose 50# but quite honestly will be happy with 20-30. I have gained about 10# over this winter and my jeans are a little tight. ;)

Tell me more about yourself.

I have no idea how to get my ticker on here. LOL I made one and posted the URL to the signature thing in my user cp but it is still not on here...what am I doing wrong?? LOL

NEVERMIND....OBVIOUSLY.....LOL

It's on now.

tell me more about yourself. I am 49, with 3 adult children and 4 granddaughters. My youngest DD is 24 and still single so she is going on this cruise with us. We are really close and spend a lot of time together. Our last "real" vacation was hawaii in '07 so really looking forward to this cruise.

I am 31, married to my hubby (29) and this cruise will be our 10 year anniversary cruise. We have 2 kids...a daughter who is 5 and a son who is 4. Our family is super close...my mom lives right next door and the house next door used to belong to my grandparents while my mom used to live right across the street! LOL So she will be joining us on the cruise, along with her boyfriend and my brother, his wife and child, and our cousin and her husband. I have another brother and nephew but they won't be joining us this trip. We live in Kansas.

I would love to go to Hawaii someday. Did you enjoy it?? We have not had a family vacation in years. None out of state with the kiddos...this will be the first. My last trip out of state was my honeymoon to Colorado. So we definitely are ready for this.

I heard Arkansas was a beautiful place to live....I know we are driving through on our way to NOLA. Your stats are close to my mom :-D She is 48, 3 adult children, 4 grandkids, and her youngest is also about to turn 24 in April!!

Are you both joining us on the 50 lbs before I cruise on Oct 13? I think I have seen both your names on that thread too! Welcome, Lauri

Yes, I haven't been on this board long so am trying to keep up with where I posted :)

I am 31, married to my hubby (29) and this cruise will be our 10 year anniversary cruise. We have 2 kids...a daughter who is 5 and a son who is 4. Our family is super close...my mom lives right next door and the house next door used to belong to my grandparents while my mom used to live right across the street! LOL So she will be joining us on the cruise, along with her boyfriend and my brother, his wife and child, and our cousin and her husband. I have another brother and nephew but they won't be joining us this trip. We live in Kansas.

I would love to go to Hawaii someday. Did you enjoy it?? We have not had a family vacation in years. None out of state with the kiddos...this will be the first. My last trip out of state was my honeymoon to Colorado. So we definitely are ready for this.

I heard Arkansas was a beautiful place to live....I know we are driving through on our way to NOLA. Your stats are close to my mom :-D She is 48, 3 adult children, 4 grandkids, and her youngest is also about to turn 24 in April!!

We LOVED hawaii, stayed on Oahu for a week, got a rental car and toured all over the island. We went through VRBO.com for a vacation rental. For about $100 a night we had a big bedroom with a king size bed, a living area and a small kitchen (refrig, microwave, sink), and a lanai. It was so nice because DH could stay up and watch TV while I went to bed early. It was in a residentual area so was really quiet. It wasn't fancy and we had to make our own beds but will not stay in a hotel for week ever again.

Arkansas is pretty, if you need a potty stop on your way through, just stop in and say hi. LOL. I have actually had people take me up on that before.

I am also on the Elation on November 2nd. Lets just say I need to loose atleast 50 but would be happy with anything I can get. Low Carb diet has worked in the past some with me but it does not take much to get me off track due to the fact I love to eat out and not many places you can eat and not kill your diet.

I have a cruise in Jan that I want to lose 75 lbs for. My goal is to get to 190 or less. I have been on weight watchers but am having a hard time getting started. Perhaps this will help. I have tried low carbs but I really miss them and if I have even one it is like a crack addict I go crazy. I also have beads in a jar as my ultimate goal is 90 lbs. My name is Shannon and I am 50 married with 2 kids. Cruising on the new ship NCL Breakaway just my husband and I, first time since our honeymoon. Heading to the Caribbean and would like to feel more comfortable in a swimsuit.

Shannon

This sounds perfect for me, can I join in?

We are cruising on the epic with friends on November 23rd and I just joined WW again to try and lose 50 lbs before then. It would be nice to join others on this journey.

It is just me, 31, and DD 11, we will be cruising with friends (need I mention most are size 4 and under :eek:)

We can do this we just have to stick to healthy eating and working out.

My goal had been to be a nice tight 10. I'm in a 10 now but not tight at all.

My weight is 158 I want to be at least 138. 128 would be even better tho. So I'm thinking at 128 thats going to put me in like a 4 now that would be great.:)

I was looking for others crusing around the same time as my husband and I. I was, also, looking for others like myself who need some additional encouragement to lose some more weight before our trips.

As of today I have lost 21.2 pounds this year, and I need to lose an additional 35 pounds. I was told about 6 weeks ago I am pre-diabetic. I went to a nutritionist (which I think was a total waste of money) but I am doing low calorie and just trying to have a balanced diet and trying to make sure to eat plenty of green vegetables and drink lots of water and less diet coke.

I will be turning 50 in November and we are going to speak a week pre-cruise and then we will be on Pride of America for a week. We will be on the cruise the week of Thanksgiving. We have never been to Hawaii. Getting really excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!! Sorry I was MIA for a bit....had a killer kidney infection closely followed by a cold so I was just lurking a bit as I did not feel good...and all the crappiness did not help my diet AT ALL. When I am sick, I just crave carbs and comfort food. Ahhhh but I am on track now. So I am going to post my daily weight here too to keep track and I am doing low carb/healthy carb....Dukan style. Sometimes I get into this dangerous feeling where I think that 6 months is plenty of time and not to take it so seriously but in reality I need to be very serious about this so that I can realistically plan for and have time to shop for new clothes before the trip!

Ok so this mornings weigh in was 213.8. Sheesh...I WAS 206. That is ok..I can do this!!! I have been keeping busy working on packing lists, budgeting to save $$$, and staring at all the awesome clothes and cover ups I want to buy from Victoria's Secret to keep me motivated. I am doing low carb and doing a short 3 day protein fast to quickly get me into fat burning mode. Nothing but low fat proteins and TONS of water for 3 days then adding in some healthy fat and veggies. I have to lose the weight. I have just over 6 months and 53 lbs to my first goal. I am also going to walk every single day, do squats and butt lifts to tone my behind and legs, and use my resistance tubes to tone my upper body. Alternating upper/lower everyday. I can't wait until our local elementary school lets out for the Summer...it is right up the road and has a nice track and playground. So I can get my miles in while the kids play and keep busy!! I am starting out with 3 miles a day and slowly working up from there.

Archived