Azura fine dining in the XVII restaurant

STEPHEN LARKIN

We used Seventeen for my birthday last summer. The meal was very nice and service generally good, except they brought my DH the wrong dessert!

I had soup as a starter, but after that they brought an extra course (no on the menu) that was basically another soup (but in a cup). Although it was very nice, if I had known, I wouldn't have had soup as a starter.

I'm not completely sure how much it was, but I think its was around £26pp (without wine). We had OBC to use up, so that was one reason we chose to go to Seventeen to try it.

The meal overall was very good, with some lovely flavours, but I don't think I would do it again. It was my birthday (and we mentioned this when we booked), and although I didn't expect anything special, no one even said "happy birthday", which I did feel a bit disappointed about if I'm honest.

Not sure if this helps you at all, but if you do want to try it, you will probably have to book early, as it was full the evening we went, and from what I hear, it is most nights.

Hi we used 17 too and we really enjoyed it the steak was like cutting through butter,but we are all different ,i would use again but only prob once or wice a cruise as is quite pricy but a nice treat.

Glasshouse is great too

Sindhu also very good but not our favourite,my mouth is watering thinking of all that lovely food:)

Hi we used 17 too and we really enjoyed it the steak was like cutting through butter,but we are all different ,i would use again but only prob once or wice a cruise as is quite pricy but a nice treat.

Glasshouse is great too

Sindhu also very good but not our favourite,my mouth is watering thinking of all that lovely food:)

We went to 17 on a British Isles cruise last year. Had rib eye steaks which were pretty awful. On reflection, we should have sent them back. Much prefer Marco on Ventura

Archived